New Year Exciting Time for NSD

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

New Year Exciting Time for NSD

Post by norb »

[article=link]176[/article]
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: New Year Exciting Time for NSD

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Simply Incredible Norb.

Thank You Sir!
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Thanks Norb,

Makes very attractive reading.

I note the promises of maps. That's the one thing I liked about TC2M ....... not many battles but what a lovely range of battlefield maps eventually emerged. But we were all allowed to do that in those days ..... shame not now.

I am noted for wanting SOW to be able to branch out into other time eras...... the Nap Mods are a good start but they really belong in a separate dedicated game. You can over-mod the basic game. The TC2M modders had the Horse and Musket, Rebels and Redcoats, Shiloh etc extensions broken out out into separate games.

I would now like to see developed some generic maps representing different parts of the world. Middle east desert, South African Veldt, Asian etc etc for which the existing maps, good as they are, cannot substitute. This might have a knock on effect of encouraging sprite modders and creaters to put up some OOB's to match the scenery.

Since Norbsoft seems not interested in leaving their Civil War niche, such maps would not present a threat to future expansion. You might even let someone else do them ?

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

We have a few certified map modders. They have a list of battles that are reserved for future NSD releases. Beyond that, they are free to make whatever map suits their fancy.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Sounds like there's some interesting stuff ahead from Norbsoft and the new draft of modders. B)

I can see Geoff's point, so I'll try to get this map finished before the summer. Real life permitting. It was something 2nd-TX and I were working on. It'll provide a terrain and (limited) building texture set for Spanish battles. Other map-makers can then do what they want with the resources.

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Crikey,

Thanks. I've been trying to find time to ask about this map. I know John was working on it with you and, frankly, didn't want to seem insensitive about asking.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"