British Light Dragoons with no ToolBar

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: British Light Dragoons with no ToolBar

Post by Jack ONeill »

FOUND-Freakin'-IT!

In unitglobal - had to change the gui from Light_Cav to US_Cav or CS_Cav. Works fine now. Everyones toolbar is up. Also, got the weapons information transfer to work in th .db file so all Brit equipment has names.
WOOT!

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

FOUND-Freakin'-IT!

In unitglobal - had to change the gui from Light_Cav to US_Cav or CS_Cav. Works fine now. Everyones toolbar is up. Also, got the weapons information transfer to work in th .db file so all Brit equipment has names.
WOOT!

Jack B)
No so fast Jack, Gunship has a separate gui for the Light Cavalry (bottom of file) and it is called by the unitglobal correctly...pretty sure. The error I believe is in the Light Cavalry toolbar structure itself, or maybe the guitext file referencing it. Sorry I don't have my facts straight, I've only checked this out briefly. I think Gunship will have to provide the fix, that is, if I'm correct with my assumptions.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

RB,

Correct you are, Brother. However, that gui listing does not carry over into the RtW side of the Mod. That same gui listing WAS in the RtW Mod gui.csv file, but was not implemented. The primary difference was to allow the Light Horse to use skirmish order. The original RtW Mod light Horse did not have that option and it was not really super-necessary anyway. Almost all Cav on the field is being used as Battle Cavalry anyway and as scouts down the road. Without the ability to fire their weapons, (a necessary sacrifice so as to force them to charge home, as was proper for the day), skirmish order is relatively superfluous. Therefore, by adjusting the gui listing to reflect the earlier Light Horse aspect, the British Light Horse from the Peninsular mod, (and thier modded Portuguese and French Brothers), now occupy their rightful place on the field. I beleve, as you, the error is in the textfile itself and The Great One himself can eventually produce a fix for it, should he find it necessary.

Meanwhile, Back to the Waterloo OOB. (grind, grind, grind.....)

Jack B) :)

Note - And since I am rarely satified with my own work, I went back and fiddled a bit with the gui.csv and, "Voila", Light Horse can now skirmish again.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"