Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.5001

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I have added mini-maps and locations so that Garnier's RandomMaps2 mod can be used for HITS play. Be sure to place RandomMaps2 ABOVE the CourierAndMaps mod on the Modifications screen.
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.500

Post by kaschykb »

I have uploaded a new version of the Courier & Maps mod, (version 1.500).....It also contains a different style mini-map for the CV expansion.

Note, this mod also works with the Chancellorsville stand alone game.
I'm confused with this statement. Does this mod work if CV is installed as an expansion after GB and Antietam or does it only work when CV is installed by itself? And/or does this previous statement still stand with the update to 1.5001? Thanks.
Last edited by kaschykb on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.500

Post by kaschykb »

I posted this in another thread but feel now it is more relevant to this mod:

I'm trying to play a divisional sandbox game in GB and running the Courier and Maps mod. I've ordered multiple commanders the following: "Brig X > Execute the following orders > no orders > move your unit > move to this map point > Hold "

When I do this the brigade moves to the intended spot with no problem but all the regiments stack directly on top of each other. If I change the option of moving to a selected spot on the map to just moving forward "X" yards, the brigade will then spread out in a normal formation.

No other mods were active. After some controlling for variables it seems the problem is choosing "move to this map point".... when this is selected all units stack at the exact coordinates. When I chose "move to map location" and then chose a location, e.g. Pitzer farm, the units formed a normal formation at the intended destination.

Having an entire brigade stack is hell when going up against artillery.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610

A new version of Courier&Maps has been uploaded. The link is in the first post of this thread. The changes are:
1. Brandy Station mini-map added.
2. Troop formations have been rewritten. Troops deploy much more smoothly. No more Chinese fire drills.
3. Formations chosen when the Combat toolbar is selected will maintain their formation when they move. They will not revert to column formation, move, then re-deploy.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

MTG - Jumping Topic, here - but you would know the answer to this question.....

Have you figured out a way of adding the Supply Wagons into the Courier Menu ?

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

MTG - Jumping Topic, here - but you would know the answer to this question.....

Thanks,

davinci
Good question! I hate not being able to give my supply wagon orders unless its in my line of sight. Given how many times I've seen other people's ordnance wagons off touring the countryside like the lost Donner party I guess a lot of other players could use such a feature too.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

No. Without it showing up on the list of recipients there is no way to write orders for them. BUT you can give them orders, even when they are well out of sight. Here is how I do it.
I use the arrow keys to to scroll down to brigade level and then to the wagon. I hit the 'N' key to pop up the command map and select the location I want the wagon to move to. Off goes a courier. I can then tell it to use roads if I choose. Off goes another courier. Once I get the wagon where I want it, I TC it so it doesn't wander off.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You must have different key bindings to me as my arrow keys do nothing. What screen are you in when you're using the arrow keys? When I click down through the OOB tree I get to a brigade and below that I'm among the regiments.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

You must have different key bindings to me as my arrow keys do nothing. What screen are you in when you're using the arrow keys? When I click down through the OOB tree I get to a brigade and below that I'm among the regiments.
I use them when I am in the usual battlefield screen with the toolbar displayed. The wagon is at brigade level. It won't show up on the oob screen. The arrow keys are just part of the default commands in keyboard.csv. Here they are.

Leader ARROWUP rankup
Prev Sib ARROWLEFT rankprev
Next Sib ARROWRIGHT ranknext
Subordinate ARROWDOWN rankdown

The left most box on the toolbar that displays information about the chosen unit should change when you press an arrow key.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

No. Without it showing up on the list of recipients there is no way to write orders for them.
Hmm, I'm looking at the files but I can't see why some of the units show up, and other ones don't.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with _Cdr in the name, but that is only guessing.

I'm going to try to figure this out, and get them to show up in the courier message!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!