WHAT-IF? SCENARIOS

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
BillF
Reactions:

WHAT-IF? SCENARIOS

Post by BillF »

I was wondering if you will offer scenarios for some of the more "popular" what-if questions of Gettysburg: 1-Ewell attempts to take Cemetery Hill at the end of Day 1, and 2-Sickles follows orders and places his troops where Meade directs him to.

Always interested in these from a historical perspective, although I realize it's not a pre-requisite for a good game. In fact it requires more research for possible Union & Conferate responses.

Thanks!
Jim
Reactions:

Re:WHAT-IF? SCENARIOS

Post by Jim »

At this point we plan to have two what-if scenarios. Significant changes are always possible during testing, so there is no real point in going into specifics right now. All scenarios must be winnable but we are trying to make them challenging for the player.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Jim wrote:
At this point we plan to have two what-if scenarios. Significant changes are always possible during testing, so there is no real point in going into specifics right now. All scenarios must be winnable but we are trying to make them challenging for the player.

-Jim
Any news is good news. The What-Ifs could be endless in GB. You could have a whole game of What-ifs?. :cheer:

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

We are also expecting that the mod community will develop other interesting scenarios as well. This game is being designed to be more mod friendly than ever.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Ahh! the what if scenarios!:woohoo:
Just give me the historical original scenario and i'll make my own TC'd 'what ifs'! :) :laugh:
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Jim wrote:
We are also expecting that the mod community will develop other interesting scenarios as well. This game is being designed to be more mod friendly than ever.

-Jim
This is a good thing Jim........as we know all to well how fussy "those people" can get!:lol:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Oh you know I'll be making scenario's.. I'll definitely continue the what if's that I started for TC2M. I can only imagine how awesome the scenario's will be for this game.. :woohoo:
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Little Powell wrote:
Oh you know I'll be making scenario's.. I'll definitely continue the what if's that I started for TC2M. I can only imagine how awesome the scenario's will be for this game.. :woohoo:
Hey LP,

Awesome news !!!!

I look forward to your scenarios as well as everyone that has played the scenarios you created in TC2M !!!!

I am sure they will be awesome !!!

This goes for all scenario & map makers in TC2M. I am sure your talented work will be awesome & very much appreciated !!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Actually there are three "what if" scenarios currently on the plate.... Jim miscounted his toes :laugh:

This game will be very mod friendly, and I am sure the modders will enjoy it..

-MarkT
Mark S. Tewes
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

hoistingman Wrote:You could have a whole game of What-ifs?.
Could of been a cool title for the new game, something different from the rest of the pack!:

Gettysburg - What If?...:dry: :laugh: