Reply Spell Check

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Reply Spell Check

Post by Davinci »

Reb - You can also use your copy of MS Word, I like it due to the fact that it has a dictionary function attached to it.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

I always type my forum replies in WORD with auto spell correction and then copy and paste them over.

Only takes a couple of seconds more and is also easier for symbols etc.

It even tolerates my "UK English" spelling.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I've moved from Firefox to MS IE
1) Aaaarg! Why???? and 2) Most likely as Firefox has a spellchecker plugin. Firefox also has the Lazarus plugin that saves your posts in case you accidentally lose them r there's a webpage glitch. That's saved my grey cells many times. 3) Download and install Malwarebytes to get rid of any annoying virii in your Flash Player. Then reinstall Flash Player.
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm very satisfied going with Google Chrome. It's very similar to the Firefox format. Don't want to try and fix Firefox, besides, their full page pop up ads were getting annoying...and yes, I did have popups checked as off. IE doesn't save user name and password well, had to always type in something, Google Chrome is just a click or two.

Now, we'll see how long Google Chrome holds up. Sooner or later it seems all browsers go to shit...time will tell.

Great Feedback guys :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Firefox don't do full page pop-up ads. I suspect you may have a bit of malware working there.

There's as adblock pop-up blocker for Firefox as well. Honestly I never see a single ad anywhere on the internet. Its great.

I do recommend Firefox, very frequently upadated and a bunch of very good plug-ins.

The caveat to anyone using the internet is to also run a good solid trustworthy AV suite - and if its one of the big popular well-known ons its almost certainly no good!

A malwarebytes sweep once a fortnight is a wise thing to do as well.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

I use Firefox as well, and as Saddletank said, the pop-up ad is not Firefox based. Sounds like malware, and I would definitely try to remove it if I were you.

Regards,

Gibson
Last edited by FLGibsonJr on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

RebBugler wrote:
Don't want to try and fix Firefox, besides, their full page pop up ads were getting annoying...and yes, I did have popups checked as off.
Sounds like a root kit. Those can be nasty to remove.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

="Marching Thru Georgia" Sounds like a root kit. Those can be nasty to remove.
As is a root canal, also nasty !!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

As is a root canal, also nasty !!
Very apt analogy. :ohmy:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

Chrome has it's own built-in Flash player, so if you decide to stick with it for a while and not use FF or IE (ugh!), I'd go to Programs and Features, and remove the Flash players found there before running a scan. I use Malwarebytes Free and Super AntiSpyware Free, and be sure and update them before scanning. I also use Avast! Free Antivirus. I know I'm relying on a lot of free stuff, but I have a problem with paying for something to remove something I didn't want in the first place.

When I first read about rootkits several years ago, it scared the crap out of me! I'm pleased to report that with sensible surfing practices, and regular updates and scans, I haven't been hit yet. I wish I could say the same for some of my friends, because I've removed all manner of trash from their machines.

By the way, I still keep Firefox around because it has that cool SoW skin! :lol: