How to Actually use it???

He's on the board and he writes tons of useful tools to make modding that much easier.
tony luke
Reactions:

How to Actually use it???

Post by tony luke »

Apologies for no doubt asking redundant questions; but I am new to this and am trying to work out how to use this tool to create random armies for a sandbox battle.

I have downloaded the tool and used it to create a trial U and CSA army. From that point how do I save it (file name etc.), and to where, in order to use these forces?

Is it possible to create each army seperately (so as to create unbalanced battles ie Corps vs Div) and then load these together into the one scenario.

Profound apologies for these queries but I am trying use this engine to play out tactical battles generated by an old table top CivilWar wargame (Victory games - way back in the 80/90's !).

An idiots step by step guide would be gold! Many thanks for anything you can offer.

regards,

AKL
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: How to Actually use it???

Post by cliometrician »

Good timing on the question. I just decided tonight that I also want to know the nuts and bolts of how to use GCM.

The answer may well already be here in the Forum, but I haven't yet had time to track it down. Any tips would be most helpful.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: How to Actually use it???

Post by Garnier »

tony is trying to figure out the OOB Editor. I haven't used it in over two years, but I know other people do use it so if tony still has questions hopefully they can help.

cliometrician, for playing GCM, you probably want to read this:
http://forums.sowmp.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=300

It explains how to host a GCM game, which covers creating a scenario and recording the battle. For other people who play in your battle, they will need to install the launcher and create their MP characters. Of course, if you're just playing with your group there's no need for you guys to be on the MP teamspeak server if you don't want to use it.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign