Antietam not working

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
BillF
Reactions:

Antietam not working

Post by BillF »

I got a new computer and a computer services co. copied the entire game from my old hard drive to my new computer (vers. 1.5). Gettysburg seems to work fine, but the Antietam scenarios page is blank. I can pull up my high scores for Antietam. (I do not have Pipe Creek). What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

BillF
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Antietam not working

Post by Jim »

I would try reinstalling the game. Simple copying the game files is not enough to fully restore function as you have found out the hard way.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but where do I go to re-install the game and Antietam expansion pack?

Thanks.

BillF
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey BillF,

www.matrixgames.com/members/

Follow this link that was provided by Little Powell in another Post, to Register your games at Matrix. Once your games are registered, you will be able to download them ....

;)

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

Registered at Matrix and did the downloads for Gettysburg & Antietam on their site. Same as before...Gettysburg is fine, but no scenarios listed for Antietam, although I still get high scores listed.

Did I miss a step? What should I do now?

Thanks for your help.

BillF
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

BillF,

See if they are under your 'Additional Battles' section of the game-- > Select Single Player --> Additional Battles....

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Also, when you re-installed, did you enter the Antietam reg code when requested? If Pipe Creek is OK, I'm assuming so, but thought I'd ask to cover the bases.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

All of the Antietam information, including the blank scenarios & high scores, are under the Additional Battles section. Antietam has always been under Additional Battles.

I entered the Antietam Reg.Code as requested when registering the game, it never requested it after that. I did not purchase Pipe Creek. Gettysburg is working OK.

BillF
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

All of the Antietam information, including the blank scenarios & high scores, are under the Additional Battles section. Antietam has always been under Additional Battles.

I entered the Antietam Reg.Code as requested when registering the game, it never requested it after that. I did not purchase Pipe Creek. Gettysburg is working OK.

BillF
OK, I reread this thread again and I think your mistake was copying the game over. You should have done a fresh install of GB, plus adding the AN reg code when requested. You may have to wipe your registry of GB now and start over, but I'm not sure. Then, just move over your mods and high scores file. Regardless, maybe wait on a tech guy to clear this up, it can and will be resolved.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

Should I just delete the game from my new computer and do a new install since they are both registered with Matrix? Download them from the Matrix Members site?

I have a feeling we're getting close.

BillF