Menus not Working

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Menus not Working

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Reinstalled all my games this morning including Gettysburg, Antietam, Pipe Creek, and CV. Loaded the game and everything worked fine. Exited the game and came back in and all my menu buttons are now just red and black boxes, with no text. Tried loading and unloading, see the same thing. Has made it unplayable. Has anyone seen this before?
Attachments
getty.jpg
getty.jpg (440.14 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Last edited by Grim.Reaper on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Menus not Working

Post by ADukes »

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... ics-skewed

It's an issue with the graphic card. Did you restart your PC?
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Yep, rebooted and no luck. I am using an ATI 6870 card which I have used for a very long time now and never saw it before.

Any other thoughts? I am kind of bummed that I just bought CV and can't even play it now:(
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Its odd that it worked fine before but after a re-install it broke. This is almost certainly a graphics card problem though. I assume you haven't made any changes to your ATI settings? Maybe try updating the driver for your card.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I had the exact same problem. Just put SOWgb.exe into Admin mode. For me it worked out fine, no more problems.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Its odd that it worked fine before but after a re-install it broke. This is almost certainly a graphics card problem though. I assume you haven't made any changes to your ATI settings? Maybe try updating the driver for your card.
I actually just recently updated my drivers so I think I am good there. However, I have tried one thing and so far has been working out. I put the game in Windows XP compatibility mode and so far has worked again. Not sure if it will stay, but keeping my fingers crossed.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I had the exact same problem. Just put SOWgb.exe into Admin mode. For me it worked out fine, no more problems.
I tried that too. Some times it would work, others it wouldn't. So now I have put into XP compatability mode and so far it is working. Hoping it stays that way:)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I tried that too. Some times it would work, others it wouldn't. So now I have put into XP compatability mode and so far it is working. Hoping it stays that way:)
No kidding. ATI has it's days that's a fact. The Combat Mission series is the absolute worst for image corruption. That's good that you found the solution. Odd that Windows XP comp had to be chosen, but whatever works right?

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I actually just recently updated my drivers so I think I am good there. However, I have tried one thing and so far has been working out. I put the game in Windows XP compatibility mode and so far has worked again. Not sure if it will stay, but keeping my fingers crossed.
Good to hear. And now I hope 14GA sees his thread has been bumped with the solution.