Who has to deal with the Storm?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Who has to deal with the Storm?

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Sunny and 60 degrees. Not a cloud in the sky in western Colorado. Good luck to all of you in the east.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Our Arkansas Linesmen are headin' your way East Coast Yanks. It's times like these when we're all truly brothers, lending a hand when we're needed most...hang in there, this storm is a monster.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Well Good Luck to all that will be affected by this storm , this one seems to be huge.

I never paid any attention to the grounds elevations until a small part of Nashville was under water a few years back!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

We have 5 folks from the Northern Nevada Red Cross heading east to assist with evacuees and other duties. May Waka Tanka bless you all out there.

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

Our Arkansas Linesmen are headin' your way East Coast Yanks. It's times like these when we're all truly brothers, lending a hand when we're needed most...hang in there, this storm is a monster.
Are they coming to us east coast Rebs in Virginia first? Have to have priorities you know!
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

This evening on TV here in the UK they superimposed a satellite image of Sandy centred on Paris: it covered the whole of NW Europe and the British Isles. I don't think we Europeans have any idea what you guys are about to go through - good luck.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Are they coming to us east coast Rebs in Virginia first? Have to have priorities you know!
Having lived on the Gulf coast for 18 years, I'm very familiar with hurricane threats. You'll be wet and inconvenienced in Virginia and surrounding areas, but those north and northwest of where Sandy comes ashore are gonna catch almighty HELL. They're the ones that will need serious help, and that's where those Arkansas Linesmen are headin' I'm figurin'. And with that arctic blast meeting Sandy headon...WHOA...folks on that path better be buying generators, fuel, water and groceries because many will be stranded for days.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

Having lived on the Gulf coast for 18 years, I'm very familiar with hurricane threats. You'll be wet and inconvenienced in Virginia and surrounding areas, but those north and northwest of where Sandy comes ashore are gonna catch almighty HELL. They're the ones that will need serious help, and that's where those Arkansas Linesmen are headin' I'm figurin'. And with that arctic blast meeting Sandy headon...WHOA...folks on that path better be buying generators, fuel, water and groceries because many will be stranded for days.
Believe me when I say I have been hit plenty by Hurricanes, too. I feel for them. But, my tongue in cheek joke was, they ARE yankees. ;)

Seriously speaking, as I said, before, my prayers/good hopes are with EVERYONE in the path of this storm.

Has anyone read where the HMS Bounty had to be abandoned of Hatteras this morning?
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
30th PVI
Reactions:

Post by 30th PVI »

Has anyone read where the HMS Bounty had to be abandoned of Hatteras this morning?
From my understanding, the HMS Bounty sunk 90 miles off Cape Hatteras. As of 730 pm, the Captain and one other are still missing. The Coast Guard rescued 14 crew members.
mb213
Reactions:

Post by mb213 »

Sandy sailed right past us without much more than some wind. But in the past we have had our fair share of hurricane action (south Fla). I wish eveyone in Sandy's path the best of luck. Stay safe.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"