HD Flags Turbo - 24 Total...Set 6 added

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

HD Flags Turbo - 24 Total...Set 6 added

Post by RebBugler »

This HD Flag Turbo Mod will replace stock flags in sandbox and scenario play. It can be used as a 'stand alone' flag replacement mod or placed below other flag mods in Modifications to replace 'same named' flags with HD representatives.

Similar to the previous Turbo Flags release, all Brigade through Corps US officer flags will be replaced by a US National Flag. This turbo design is not as effective for increasing FPS rates as the first release as it includes 6 texture sheets rather than the one texture sheet in Turbo Flags. Still it represents Union Regimental flags better since all the stock regimental flags are included.

Set 6

Michigan - 1st Regiment
Vermont - 11th Regiment
Rhode Island
Surrender Flag

Set 5

New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
New Jersey - 2nd Regiment
US National - 34 Stars, officially the AOP Headquarters Flag, represents Brigade, Division and Corps Officer Flags for the turbo effect that will be initiated with the release of the full set

Set 4

Maine - 20th Regiment
Maryland - Represented by it's Coat of Arms, 1860's
New York - Second NY flag represented, Assigned to NY Artillery Battery Officers
CS Cavalry - 3rd Bunting

Set 3

CS Artillery - ANV 1863
Indiana - 74th Regiment
Eagle - Generic representative of US states not represented. Used for Ohio in the upcoming Chancellorsville Extras - 5th Ohio regiment
Irish - Representative for all Irish flags, this is the 9th Massachusetts

Set 2

Connecticut
Delaware
CS National, Stars and Bars
US Cavalry, or Artillery Swallowtail

The first set from the HD Flag Sampler included:

Massachusetts
New York
CS Southern Cross - 2nd Bunting
US National - 34 Stars

HD Flags Turbo (24 Flags)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Testers requested for: HD Flags Turbo 2 (24 Flags)

Same flags with a different format. This format includes four of the original six texture sheets combined on one 4096X4096 sheet. Theoretically this should help FPS rates compared with the six sheet design. Also this will test whether this large sheet design is compatible with various video cards so I can better plan and design future HD Flag releases. Thanks in advance for helping with this comparative FPS rates and video card requirement's study.

Set 6 Additions:
The attachment HDFlagsSet6.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
HDFlagsSet6.jpg
HDFlagsSet6.jpg (111.88 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added HD Flags Turbo 2 Download
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: HD Flags Turbo - 24 Total...Set 6 added

Post by RebBugler »

HD Flags, the Full Turbo Set
The attachment HDFlagsTurbo.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
HDFlagsTurbo.jpg
HDFlagsTurbo.jpg (311.15 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Reb - man you have turned into a flag-making-machine!

WHO was the UN-lucky officer that got to ride around with the white-flag-with all of the rainbow specks?

Too bad you are not into making troops - we would have quite a few different uniforms.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb - man you have turned into a flag-making-machine!

WHO was the UN-lucky officer that got to ride around with the white-flag-with all of the rainbow specks?

Too bad you are not into making troops - we would have quite a few different uniforms.

davinci
Thanks for your comments D, yeah, these HD concepts have really energized my flag waving. As you probably know, those rainbow specks are simply noise added, just trying to make that surrender flag more unique and obvious. It won't be so pronounced in it's unselected stance, but select it and sparkle city. B)

Regarding sprite making, for sure that needs to be addressed for possible flag bearers, or a color guard type unit. Time will tell, but that's on my future agenda. If Gunship can make all those Nap uniforms happen without taxing machines, surely color guards could be added without lagging FPS dramatically.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey RebBugler,

You are the Man !! The HD FlagMan !!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Awesome job !

;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Testers requested for: HD Flags Turbo 2 (24 Flags)

Same flags with a different format. This format includes four of the original six texture sheets combined on one 4096X4096 sheet. Theoretically this should help FPS rates compared with the six sheet design. Also this will test whether this large sheet design is compatible with various video cards so I can better plan and design future HD Flag releases.

Thanks in advance for helping with this comparative FPS rates and video card requirement's study.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey RebBugler,

I gave both Flag MODS a test, used scenario GB05-July1-The Bullet Is Not Molded Which Is To Kill Me (U-Corps),

and for me the FPS was about the same using both MODS, between 6 - 9.

The flags look awewsome ! ;)

My Video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Paul71stPVI
Reactions:

Post by Paul71stPVI »

RebBugler,

AMAZING job on the flags!!! I've been using Bugles & Flags for a while now, I've been dying for something equivalent for us Yanks ;)

Would it be possible for you to replace the generic Pennsylvania flag with something resembling this?

PA regiments carried an unadorned national color, a regimental color (the eagle-on-blue flag), and then this State Color. It's basically the Stars and Stripes with the Penna coat of arms in the canton with the starfield. Throughout CWBR, TC2M, and SOW, the regimental colors that PA regiments carry has been just the state seal on a plain blue flag, which (as far as I know) was never actually carried in the Civil War.

For more details, here's the official Pennsylvania website on the Civil War flag collection they have in Harrisburg: http://cpc.state.pa.us/cpcweb/web/guest/civil-war-flags
Last edited by Paul71stPVI on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Company K
1st California Regiment (71st P.V.)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBugler,

AMAZING job on the flags!!! I've been using Bugles & Flags for a while now, I've been dying for something equivalent for us Yanks ;)

Would it be possible for you to replace the generic Pennsylvania flag with something resembling this?

PA regiments carried an unadorned national color, a regimental color (the eagle-on-blue flag), and then this State Color. It's basically the Stars and Stripes with the Penna coat of arms in the canton with the starfield. Throughout CWBR, TC2M, and SOW, the regimental colors that PA regiments carry has been just the state seal on a plain blue flag, which (as far as I know) was never actually carried in the Civil War.
Very nice message and request, thanks. As this is a Turbo mod, meaning efficiency, replacing generics for specific flags won't work here. That's a nice flag though, maybe I could find some time for it eventually, but you would have to add it to your OOBs. Also, when I request testing, maybe you could help out, I might consider building that flag sooner. ;)
Paul71stPVI
Reactions:

Post by Paul71stPVI »

I am aware that this mod is for generics. The flag that I posted IS the generic Pennsylvania flag, maybe that wasn't clear. Basically, that flag that I posted is what all Pennsylvania regiments carried. As far as I know, the plain blue flag with just the state seal on it, which we've been using in game for years, was never carried by any Pennsylvania troops in the Civil War. I was saying that for all PA regiments, the State Color resembling what I posted should be the generic flag for PA regiments, just like the 20th Maine flag is the generic for Maine regiments and so forth. I posted that particular regiment's State Color because it gives a good idea of what every PA unit carried. Sorry for the confusion.
Company K
1st California Regiment (71st P.V.)