Is norb still working on some control issues?

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
gbs
Reactions:

Is norb still working on some control issues?

Post by gbs »

I love the Currier system and I like playing as Corp command best. I still notice some odd movements taking place. It seems each time I send an order to a Division commander and he relays the order to his brigades, there sometimes is a regiment that does not move. Has anyone notice this behavior?
When I give a facing order upon arrival at a Divisions destination sometimes the brigades face in all different directions.
I can order my artillery to a certain position and ask them to form battery in line. At times they form up but never unlimber even though there is an enemy unit in site and within range (650 yds but never the less in range). How do I get them to fire?

Sorry this is so disjointed. I really am just wondering if Norb was continuing to tweak this part of the game. SOW is about all I play anymore.
Last edited by gbs on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Is norb still working on some control issues?

Post by con20or »

The regiment not moving is a weird one, it's never happened to me but it has to a few others. I have no idea what causes it. Maybe something distracts that regiment? i dunno..

The facing command needs tweaking. It didn't get 100% fixed in 1.5 - but im going to try and look at a mod that will improve it first chance I get. See this link.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... nge-facing

Norb is always working on the game - and i am a big courier fan, so as long as i am on the team i'll be pushing for new courier features.
Last edited by con20or on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

One of the big issues we face when we look at these issues is recreating them. It's very hard to recreate certain behavior in the game. A lot of times if you can get us a saved game that can recreate the issue so that we can see it, we can fix it or at least give you a reason about why it cannot be fixed.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

with your arty get right up close to them they may have line of sight but when you get close you find you parked them in the edge of a wood thicket and even though its says its fine it ain't and they can't see the target.
Last edited by Jonah on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

One of the big issues we face when we look at these issues is recreating them. It's very hard to recreate certain behavior in the game. A lot of times if you can get us a saved game that can recreate the issue so that we can see it, we can fix it or at least give you a reason about why it cannot be fixed.
Yes sorry, i dropped the ball there. If you encounter it again, save the game and send it in to

sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com

(replacing the 'at' with the @ sign and replacing the 'dot' with a period).
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Norb wrote:
This should not be difficult for the NSD team to recreate if they play the game, as it occurs ~5% of the time. The problem with trying to get a save is that by the time the problem is noticed, the autosave has overwritten the file that would have been of benefit. If you would implement a feature, toggled on and off, that would give each autosave a unique name, (a timestamp), then it would be easy to send you such information.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm under the impression that a Saved Game can't be sent in if there was a mod used during the game.

So, how many players are actually playing the game without a single mod activated?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!