TC Button not working properly

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
MajorByrd
Reactions:

TC Button not working properly

Post by MajorByrd »

Hey Guys

I've been sitting here all night with a member of the GCM community trying to figure out why he has so severe problems controlling his units.

It seems that his TC Button is not working right. Every time he tries to TC's something, the flag is only highlighted for a second, when the cursor is over it, then he clicks the button and moves the cursor away. The flag doesn't seem to indicate that the regiment or commander is TC'ed; its not highlighted but the Unit acts as if it was TC'ed. The problem being that he can't tell which regiments he has TC'ed or not.

He isn't double clicking, we've checked a hundred times, his mouse works fine, we turned all mods off and tried it, the flag still would only be highlighted the second or two when the cursor was over it.

As I see it, he has the option of reinstalling, which he probably wont like since he's not that tech savy, check his mouses settings maybe or just not play multiplayer...which cant be the solution.

Anybody got an idea what he should do?
RDBoles
Reactions:

Re: TC Button not working properly

Post by RDBoles »

Sounds to me like he is trying to TC the units that are not his. Is he Corps commander, Division, or Brigade?
Are you both using the same mods?
Move Forward
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Turn all mods and toolbars off and start testing from there. Find the problem and then reinstall the corrupt mod/toolbar.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Sounds to me like he is trying to TC the units that are not his. Is he Corps commander, Division, or Brigade?
This answer get's MY vote!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
MajorByrd
Reactions:

Post by MajorByrd »

Turn all mods and toolbars off and start testing from there. Find the problem and then reinstall the corrupt mod/toolbar.
Already tried it. Didn't help unfortunately.
MajorByrd
Reactions:

Post by MajorByrd »

Nah, everything is allright in that department. We both use the same set of mods, yea. Nothing special besides the GCM stuff.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

He needs to bring a single brigade to each battle and not take the division commander, but he should take the brigade commander until he figures it out.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Already tried it. Didn't help unfortunately.

You need to stop and think about this statement. If the vanilla game doesn't work then the user must be positioned in some weird spot where the laws of the universe do not apply.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Hey Guys

I've been sitting here all night [...] its not highlighted but the Unit acts as if it was TC'ed. The problem being that he can't tell which regiments he has TC'ed or not.
This may sound daft, but I had similar problem because I just wasn't 'seeing' the TC button as highlighted when it was. If the game is working, but this player's eyes weren't seeing the highlighting, that would explain the situation you describe. Have you seen screenshots, or were you actually with the other player?

HTH
MajorByrd
Reactions:

Post by MajorByrd »

Hey Guys

I've been sitting here all night [...] its not highlighted but the Unit acts as if it was TC'ed. The problem being that he can't tell which regiments he has TC'ed or not.
This may sound daft, but I had similar problem because I just wasn't 'seeing' the TC button as highlighted when it was. If the game is working, but this player's eyes weren't seeing the highlighting, that would explain the situation you describe. Have you seen screenshots, or were you actually with the other player?

HTH
No, neither nor. I'm basically taking his word for it. I mean, can one really not see the change in color? Maybe not. I honestly don't know. If I could just get him to use Teamviewer :D Well, until he agrees to that, Screenies will have to do. Thank you for the suggestion. If nothin' helps, a reinstall might save the day. Very strange.