help

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
phoenix
Reactions:

help

Post by phoenix »

Sorry. Comptely new here. Just bought - and enjoying - the Matrix release of Gettysburg and Antietam, and I searched through the MODS thread trying to figure out how to do it (add MODS), and couldn't. Can anyone help with where I would find a version of the Bloodbath IV Mod that works with the new release, and Jolly's terrain mod. And can anyone tell me, once I've got them, where I put the things to make them work? Maybe that's too much to ask! Thanks in advance for any assistance....
con20or
Reactions:

Re: help

Post by con20or »

You just copy the 'Bloodbath' folder into your 'MODS' folder in the main game folder.

Then go to the main game menu, click on MODIFICATIONS, and then activate Bloodbath.

Its that easy!

here's a video on how to install a MOD done by one of our members.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... -mod-video
phoenix
Reactions:

Post by phoenix »

Thanks! I'll try that.
Last edited by phoenix on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix
Reactions:

Post by phoenix »

So, that got the Mods working in the Antietam add-on. Thanks. But, niether Mod - niether Bloodbath IV, nor Jolly's terrain seem to work in the ordinary gettysburg game. Does anyone know how I get these Mods to work in the gettysburg scenarios? Thanks again.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I think that most mods dont work in the scenarios, did you try Gettysburg sandbox?
budd
Reactions:

Post by budd »

You need to do one of 2 things to get the mods to work with the stock scenarios. I'd go with installing the historical scenario mod, i believe that uses a self installer, just point it at the right directory. After that just put your mods in the mod folder and activate the ones you want to use. Then pick single player and go to user scenarios and pick one of the stock scenarios or tutorials and the mods will work with them. Worked for me, i just bought the game also. The other way is downloading the SDK and renaming and putting the scenarios in the scenario folder, which is what i did before i knew about the historical scenario mod.

By the way..... Hello everyone, just bought the game and this WW2 gamer is having alot of fun with it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Welcome budd

Ha, ya just learned about converting the stock scenarios for mod playing and you're already teaching it...impressive. ;) Yeah, the last stuff I played before TC2M, then SOW, was WWII stuff, I liked Sudden Strike and then Blitzkrieg. Now, just SOW. Wonder if you'll go back? I bet...nah :lol:
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
phoenix
Reactions:

Post by phoenix »

Thanks! Will try that. I've also been on WW2 before this. But not sure this will tempt me away from Combat Mission and Command Ops for good. It's very well done though. I keep going to google earth and books to check the map accuracy, and it's good. It got me to buy a book (The Killer Angels) and film about Gettysburg too (The Berenger/Daniels/Sheen movie of the aforementioned book). I didn't know too much about it before (being a Brit...) - just that it was an important civil war battle. Now I know a lot more about the civil war. Fascinating, tragic, heroic, unbelievable. It's a great game that sends you to reality, I think, gets you interested in the reality, the history. Command Ops is definitely like that for WW2, by the way.

Now I'll look for that mod. Thanks again.
budd
Reactions:

Post by budd »

Before this game, the only game i played from this era was Age of Rifles. That was a great game. I always go back to WW2 sooner or later[many owned games still unexplored :lol:]. I've been looking to change it up for awhile, didn't know what direction i was going to go in. Looks like i found it.

Phoenix see this thread at Matrix http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185738

I have a couple screenshots of the mods i have working on the stock scenarios without issue and some before and after shots of what the mods are about, brief descriptions.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
phoenix
Reactions:

Post by phoenix »

Seems to be scaled back by about two thirds, the entire game - am I right? If you're told you have 300 men in a brigade then - with sprites set to 0 - you will have about 100 in the game. The map seems to be, correspondingly, about one third of the size of reality, if you check with google earth, for example. I played the Buford scenario a few times now, so feel I know that road out past the Seminary a bit. You can check it against google earth where it's all on street view, so you can just slide down to street level and track along the road (it seems to be called the Lincoln Highway, these days)where the entire battle started with Buford's cavalry stand, just down the hill from the seminary. It seems to be about 3 times larger in reality. Am I right, anyone?