Supply Wagon's

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Davinci
Reactions:

Supply Wagon's

Post by Davinci »

Norb ,

I hope that I have not wasted too much time before asking this, but is it possible to have the AI Supply Wagon’s , remain somewhere behind the battle lines.

The current programming allows the supply wagons to follow the Corps Commander to the front of the battle line, when this happens, it restricts the AI Units from re-supplying , they will advance towards the supply wagons, only to retreat, due to a lack of ammunition.

I’m aware that the programming has allowed the AI to charge due to a lack of ammunition, but I’m not a big fan of the Melee Fighting.

This seems to present a very unfair advantage to the human player, that will keep their wagons in the rear.

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
norb
Reactions:

Re:Supply Wagon's

Post by norb »

Thanks Davinci,

We'll keep that in mind as we work on gameplay.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

While we're on the subject, in addition to Davinci's suggestion, i'll reiterate once more that it'd be cool to have supply wagons fair game targets as in the real war with red halos. Then for sure they wouldn't wander aimlessly in enemy territory! ;)

By the way, i just about always TC my supply wagons early on in the battle and place em near the largest concentration of my artillery in a secure area. Keeps em from wandering and i always know where they're at when i need em later on.
Last edited by ironsight on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Actually they are fair game, cause if you capture a wagon it's 15 points, plus you have use of what munitions that remain with the captured wagon, which in the long scenerios come in right handy. I don't know if I would blast one away and get nothing in return for it, especially if you are playing the South.:dry:

Another thing even after capturing all supply wagons in a carry over, those wagons(opponets) are back in the next scenerio, unlike captured artillary, which I would like to see come back on the following scenerio in my OOB.

Like you I TC everything;)

Hoistingman4
Last edited by BOSTON on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

norb wrote:
Thanks Davinci,

We'll keep that in mind as we work on gameplay.
Thanks, Norb ,

Very much appreciated!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

hoistingman, true, but it'd be way cool to red halo target those annoying enemy supply wagons with infantry, cavalry or better yet artillery and see one blow up once in a while!
What a BLAST that'd be :woohoo:
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Ironsight

Yeah! But what if it was full of pizza, fried chicken, ice cream and beer, the roach coach of its day, it'd be waste of good food.:ohmy:

Happy Huntin; Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Ironsight

Yeah! But what if it was full of pizza, fried chicken, ice cream and beer, the roach coach of its day, it'd be waste of good food.:ohmy:

Happy Huntin; Hoistingman4
:ohmy: And Jameson for God's sakes!!
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Where was Jamesesons' more populair, in the North or the South? One or the other might consider it contraban, put a red circle on it and blow it up!:cheer:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

hoistingman4 wrote:
.... One or the other might consider it contraban, put a red circle on it and blow it up!:cheer:
Blasphemy!!!:angry:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'