Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Neal
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors

Post by Neal »

GENERAL GEORGIA...

Naturally I was suspicious of any instruction on your part, seeing as how your solution was not based on clear Biblical principles. I suspect this was the reason why your proposal provided no immediate solution to my dilemma. However, after augmenting your proposal with information gleaned from the Book of Isaiah, I was able to conclude the process with success.

Fellow (and Righteous) Confederates: AFTER DELETING THE REGISTRY KEY, you must then re-run the 1.5 installation patch. You should be immediately prompted to enter all THREE of your keys, for each expansion, which all good Confederate players should have.

For Union players: Just delete your ENTIRE registry and surrender. It will be a much easier day for you doing so.

General Georgia, I ought to have known that in all your wagons of plunder you've everything. I would wager well that you must certainly have a dozen or more copies of SOW rattling amongst all the silverware of Northern Virginia.

-THE FATHER GENERAL
Last edited by Neal on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I was required to capitalize a letter. A lieutenant has been punished for this. His trial will proceed tomorrow.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

EXP 101: After deleting the registry keys, just rerun the 1.5 installer. You'll be prompted for codes. You should be fine, provided you are a loyal Confederate player.
Last edited by Neal on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

It appears that if you DEACTIVATE your game first, and then install patch 1.5 you should not be having the install problems.

Of course this is a solution that just came out about 5 minutes ago in the MP game lobby.

Personally the patch install should automatically deactivate the game before installing, but hindsight is 20/20.

Update: P.R Cleburne came up with that solution.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hey, while awaiting my extremely slow Internet-Download - can someone post what exactly the new Patch does, change!

Thanks

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Version 1.5

New Features

* GFX_Obj_Stealth has been added to the gfx.csv to make possible invisible objectives in scenario design.
* Water has been enhanced in the game maps.
* A new Replay system is now available. Players have the option to save Replay after ending each battle. The Replays are available from the Single Player menu.
* Couriers in MultiPlayer now find the quickest route to their destination, as they do in Single Player. In the past, couriers in MultiPlayer would always use roads.
* Saved games now include all mods in use instead of forcing to player to have to manually enable each mod that was used.
* In MultiPlayer, the enemy side is now hidden on the "Player Status" screen. This is the screen invoked by clicking on the the player's star in the upper right of the MultiPlayer gamescreen.
* cavalry can now charge unlimbered artillery automatically when they get within a certain distance.
* The previous activate/deactivate DRM system has been replaced by the DRM system used by Slitherine Inc.

Bug fixes

* A bug that made the in-game Options Help screen inaccessible has been fixed.
* Fatigue bonuses now work correctly when they are awarded by objectives.
* A bug that caused Sandbox battles to end extremely early because a Fail grade was reached has been fixed. The game will no longer check for a Fail grade until after a half hour, and the default Fail grades have been greatly increased.
* Clicking the Charge button repeatedly no longer causes unrealistic casualties.
* A bug that caused players to see courier messages sent by teammates in MP has been fixed.
* A bug that caused an incorrect order of animation for artillery guns has been fixed.
* A bug in GB22 which prevented players who earned a Major Victory from being promoted has been fixed.
* The portrait graphics files are now square, since rectangle graphics can cause problems for some graphics cards.
* A bug that caused regiments to engage in melee even after being ordered to retreat has been fixed.
* A bug that prevented objectives in the map CSV files with coordinates below 16394 and above 245661 from showing up in Sandbox games has been fixed.
* A bug that caused all forces to start on top of each other in Sandbox when a new patch was installed and a default Battle Type was not selected has been fixed.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

The "deactivate" solution wasn't something that i figured out on my own.
Garnier was online with a group of us at the GCM server and we went through the process of elimination together.
This just seemed to be the common ground we found.
No one yet that we know has had a problem using this method.
Thanks for helping to get it out there Mike. :)
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I deactivated and then ran the patch and everything worked good for me.
mb213
Reactions:

Post by mb213 »

I deactivated and then ran the patch and everything worked good for me.
Same here. I updated my PC. Now I need to get the Antietam serial number for my laptop and I will update that computer also.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"
Synner
Reactions:

Post by Synner »

Maybe my problem is down to not deactivating the game before trying to install 1.5 patch.
Oh well back to e-mails to support i guess.
Synner
Reactions:

Post by Synner »

It looks like I've got the same problem as Neal - stuck in Demo mode. After trying to repatch (which didn't work), I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game (1.4 demo version), deactivated the game, then patched up to 1.5. Still no luck. It continues to boot as a demo version with no opportunity to add activation codes, etc. Sounds like there may be a number in this situation. Thanks!
You need to remove the 'Matrix Games' registry entry. Do this ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE editing your registry file. If you have the slightest doubt as to your ability, don't do this. If you make a mistake, your computer could become inoperable.

with regedit navigate to
WinXP 32 bit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Matrix Games

Win7 and WinXP 64 bit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\Matrix Games

Delete the entry.

I will try this tonight when back from work.
Do i delete the whole line or just the code?