Sandbox - Starting Army Positions

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
norb
Reactions:

Re: Sandbox - Starting Army Positions

Post by norb »

Hey reb,

In looking at the reports, it's that the armies are too far away in Attack/Defend. It's all random and it depends a lot on what type you play and what size map you play on. If you feel they are too close, might I suggest trying out Alpine, much larger map and they should be farther apart. Also, the line of site battles are meant to be close, for a quick fix :) Some of the other battle types allow you time to strategize.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah I've been playing around with this some too, and if your computer can handle an Army size battle, Alpine is your map. You can also do it on the other maps but you will need to choose Attack, Defend, or Hunt Them Down and won't experience the overlap.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Alpine is boring, and true, on some of the good maps, the armies don't overlap, but they are still to close for me to get my act together. In fact, I don't want to see the opposing army. Given time to react and being in the blind is the key in making this game excell.....more maps too....

Thanks for the continued interest....
the reb
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I would like to say thank-you to the design team as it appears attention was given to my request. So far, the Sandbox Battle that I've been in, I had time to think before stomped upon by this devil of a AI.

It would be nice if the Corps Divisons could be grouped together as with this time I have to think, I'm sending out my scouts while grouping my Division to the respective Corps when I could be advancing....

I'm happy, having fun......
Thanks,

reb
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The "hunt them down" option in sandbox always places the opposing sides far, far apart.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

The "hunt them down" option in sandbox always places the opposing sides far, far apart.
swing and a miss..

i'll second rebs request. Never could understand why the corps were so spread out and intermingled .