Pretty interesting news dispatch from Gettsyburg

Armisted
Reactions:

Pretty interesting news dispatch from Gettsyburg

Post by Armisted »

I was looking through some newspaper archives online and found a news dispatch from Gettysburg taken during the fighting for Culps hill on July 3rd before Pickett's charge. Read the whole thing and im sure you'll get a chuckle out of Longstreet's "death" and the epic last sentence ;)
The attachment Longstreetdead.PNG is no longer available
Attachments
Longstreetdead.PNG
Longstreetdead.PNG (224.56 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Yes I know I spelled Armistead wrong but the correct spelling was already taken :(
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: Pretty interesting news dispatch from Gettsyburg

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hi, I was wondering if you guys were planning to release CWBR for downloadable purchase as you did with TC2M. I've never played CWBR before and its almost impossible to find a copy

Hey Armisted.

I see from this post that you are around. But have not responded to my PM. Thought, like Longstreet, you might have come to a nasty end at Gettysburg.

I was offering you a copy of the TCBR (Take Command Bull Run) CD in original case .... which I thought you wanted. I have a courier going back to UK in mid-September who could arrange postage to wherever.

Come on ! Use it or lose it.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Pretty interesting news dispatch from Gettsyburg

Post by Saddletank »

Sears reports the death of Longstreet in his book and how Old Pete had a quiet chuckle at the news of his own demise.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.