Historical OOB Download for Gettysburg

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Historical OOB Download for Gettysburg

Post by the reb »

I have not tried the last recommendations, but here's a shot in the dark?

I'm running the game on an external hard drive "K". If the installs require a reboot to operate, is it possible that the external hard drive "K" is not recognizing the reboot or a file (DLL, etc,) is being loaded into my "C" Drive?

Not a computyor expert, just a thought?

the reb,
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I'm running the game on an external hard drive "K". If the installs require a reboot to operate, is it possible that the external hard drive "K" is not recognizing the reboot or a file (DLL, etc,) is being loaded into my "C" Drive?

Not a computyor expert, just a thought?

the reb,
There was a small discussion if running the game on an external drive was possible (it should be) but no one until now has tried it. I mean this could be a problem, but I really don't know. If problems persist, maybe installing it on a fixed hard drive would be your best bet since everyone that I know of has it installed on a fixed drive.

As far as your question concerning .DLL issue, I have no idea.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Are you saying you haven't clicked the check button at the bottom? If so, that's not a recommendation, it's required to enable a mod.

I wouldn't think using an external hard drive for the game installation would be a problem. In fact, probably a good idea for moving the game between computers, you don't have to deactivate and reactivate the game.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

I use an external HD for running a second copy of SoW.
It seems to work fine and no lagg that i notice.
I also have copy installed on solid drive so i do de-activate and re-activate between the two.
There is no problem with use tho its simply plug and use.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

The recommendation was to make the June 30th folder, this also did not work. And yes I've click the check.
I restate that no description to the left appears on the Mod Screen.....

I do thank everybody for their time. When I get time, I am going to deactivate, do a complete reinstall and see where that gets me. There must be a corupt something somewhere. Gettysburg and Antietam work fine and I have no other issues.

Once again, thanks
the reb, :cheer:
Last edited by the reb on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Well, deleted everything related and reinstalled. Same thing....I really want just the GB OOB as of June 30th, but the game still has many enjoyable hours waiting for me. I just can't figure this out, but I still wish to state that even though these MODS show up in the left hand side of the Mod page, NO DESCRIPTION OF THE MOD SHOWS UP IN THE RIGHT SIDE. Wasn't yelling.....

Thanks for all the help, anythin come to mind let me know please.
thanks,
the reb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Don't worry about the text on the right, that has nothing to do with the install. That only shows up if the mod designer has included an Intro text file...sometimes I don't, but most times I do.

You need to find a friend at school or somewhere to come over and read our posts and analyze your situation...a computer savvy friend. ;) Good Luck Reb, and thanks for being a nice guy about all this... :)
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

ok i read this whole topic and have only one question, is your game fully up to date? after reinstalling you should be installing the newest patch. when you load your game at the main menu screen ,u in the top left corner it should say SowGB 1.4026. That is the latest version of the game, any other number up there means your game is out of date.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

a friend at school....(LOL) I'm 58 years of age....

And in my defense of not being a complete idiot, I successfully downloaded the Bonus Gettysburg Scenarios which are playable (description to the right) which should demostrate I understand what is being said here. The Version is 1.4000 which is the latest patch download that I see unless 1.4026 is located somwhere else. I have not looked....

During my latest efforts, I did get the message "Cannot open heightfield TGA" which crashed the game. I rebooted, got a "NTFS is volume is dirty", ran chkdsk, and everything is back to where it was.

So perhaps it's my computer (Dell 530,2.20GHz, Windows XP)or the original files I copied 3D/7H and Bugles/Flags)are corrupted, I'll try downloading new files.

Don't lose any sleep, I'll get there.....friends at school!!!!!
thanks,
the reb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, you're right, took me a while to find the latest patch link since it's not stickied. Pretty sure this will fix your issues. Here's the thread and link:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... beta-14026

:lol: :laugh: "Friend at School" :S Oops