Is this game worth it?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: Is this game worth it?

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Glad to hear your game is now activated and working. Enjoy.

Let us know how you are getting on with it, and don't hesitate to ask any of us for help. It takes a while to acquire the skills so don't be discouraged is you are whupped the first few times. There is a good Manual included you can refer to.

If you need help accessing and loading down MODS, and there are quite a few, we can advise which are the best ones to start with.

You will probably need to bring your game up to date with the four patches that have been released for download.

Geoff Laver
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Thats just brilliant.
You dont often see this kind of thing often,and im not in the least surprised to see it here from a member of this forum! :)
Geoff i salute you sir and it seems after im sure many years of service to Queen and country and all,you still have that special something that it takes to make a difference.
Thanks for putting a smile on my face.
:cheer:
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

my respects to you mr laver.
the act of a gentleman. cheers
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, I am back,yes this game is worth it. Can anyone help me with what is the best WWII game similar to this that isn't too complicated and has excellent support? Be specific please with the game name and thank you. :cheer:
tigger
Reactions:

Post by tigger »

well done Mr. Laver, what a great gift and a wonderful example to other people to follow. I hope to see you both in the multiplayer soon, if your not already there. Thanks again for your fine example to future generations, well done!!!
The Old War Horse
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hi Tigger,

Thanks for the plug.

Unfortunately I live in Africa about as far from civilisation as you can get.

Zimbabwe is now a basketcase as far as communications go. I do not have a landline and links with the single mobile station in range are very intermittant. I connect only by satellite link at $200 a month .... very slow and very limited on download size. It takes me three days to download a patch using 'resume' from DAP when my daily 'ration' of 60MB runs out.

Also the electric is often at low voltage and has numerous half second blips .... enough to shut down the computer.

I fear if I tried MP I would arrive at Gettysburg just in time to see Pickett streaming back down the hill.

Best regards,

Geoff Laver
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
24th Georgia Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by 24th Georgia Volunteer »

I take my hat off to you Sir, a very kind thing to do!

Regards,
Ciarán
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

You're a class act, Mr. Laver.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Pielord92

How about editing your first post and change the frown to a smiley face. I would think that would be fitting considering the outcome of this thread, don't ya think? :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...