MP - unable to log in or create an account

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
charlesonmission
Reactions:

MP - unable to log in or create an account

Post by charlesonmission »

Hi there, I'm unable to log on or create an account in the MP section in the game. If I try to create and account it says that the name has been taken... or it is too long. When I try to login, it says invalid log on.

I'm registered on here and on wargamer.

Any advice on how to sort this out?

Charles
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: MP - unable to log in or create an account

Post by KG_Soldier »

Charles played his first MP game with us tonight, and epic battle. He had to join IP because of his account creating problems. As I posted on the other thread, I tried to create a new account too, used iioo as the name and it was rejected because it said it was already in use.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

We just use the Wargamer Battle HQ server for this. There are no postings on Wargamer forum about recent issues. If you still can't create an account, try downloading their BattleHQ software and see if it works through their program.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Yeah, I have the wargamer download and account but still can't log in through there software.

Charles
We just use the Wargamer Battle HQ server for this. There are no postings on Wargamer forum about recent issues. If you still can't create an account, try downloading their BattleHQ software and see if it works through their program.

-Jim
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

You might try finding the section of the Wargamer forum that covers BattleHQ and post there. Our software just runs calls to their BattleHQ server so that part is out of our ability to debug or control. Existing accounts are still working so the server is not down. Wish we could be more helpful.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

You might try finding the section of the Wargamer forum that covers BattleHQ and post there. Our software just runs calls to their BattleHQ server so that part is out of our ability to debug or control. Existing accounts are still working so the server is not down. Wish we could be more helpful.

-Jim
One quick question Jim. Will NSD be working on making sure that there will be a more stable way to have an MP lobby instead of having to worry about a third party server? I know the cost of renting a gaming server is outrageous, and way to expensive to maintain (unless there was a way to offset the cost).

Are there future plans for NSD to buddy up with Gamespy?

Just a thought.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Posted on Wargamer

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.as ... g=1#621055

But, so have other people over the last couple months and no response on what the problem is or how to fix it.

Charles
Tac
Reactions:

I can't create an account

Post by Tac »

When trying to create an account I always get an error stating that the username already exist, no matter what I try. Is this common? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Tac
Reactions:

Re: I can't create an account

Post by Tac »

Ah, seems like their services is borked. Leaves us new players SOL I guess.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Re: I can't create an account

We can still join by IP. I'm not sure if that creates problems with scoring or anything like that though.

Charle
Ah, seems like their services is borked. Leaves us new players SOL I guess.