The next Expansion

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re: The next Expansion

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Shiloh is the safe bet. The cabin syles, the burning trees, springtime.

Most of the fields look a little too large for Shiloh, but who knows?

Plus Norb has suggested doing Shiloh ever since TC2M.

See the Shiloh Animated Map for more information about the battle.
Last edited by Hancock the Superb on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Michigander
Reactions:

Post by Michigander »

Now that people are really narrowing it down. I might just throw out the possibility of Pea Ridge. :side: Though if I had to put money on it, i'd also say Shiloh.

I believe the answer can be found in this new picture. Can anyone identify which state flag that federal unit is carrying? Kind of looks like Wisconsin or Minnesota.

(Also you will notice that the rebs are carrying The Army of Northern Virginia Battle flag. :sick:
Last edited by Michigander on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Red Bugler is already doing a Pea Ridge (from my understanding)that will be released when it is done (he is the one more able to post about this).

I cannot make out the rebel flag. You must eyes of an eagle.

Then of course the flags mod might not be ready and included in the testing of the expansion or, of course, units of the ANV did fight at Chickamauga.

At the time of Shilo, what was the southern battle flag of use?
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michigander
Reactions:

Post by Michigander »

For the most part at Shiloh they had the original Stars and Bars. Might see a few other varying types. The Hardee corps flag (blue with a white circle) was flown for the first time at Shiloh, and I believe that the red cross of Polks corps, was also flown at Shiloh.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

For the most part at Shiloh they had the original Stars and Bars. Might see a few other varying types. The Hardee corps flag (blue with a white circle) was flown for the first time at Shiloh, and I believe that the red cross of Polks corps, was also flown at Shiloh.
Bragg's Corps (troops from Pensacola and Louisiana) had the Cassidy Flag that had 12 6 point stars. Flags were square or rectangle St. Andrews Cross.

Polks' Corps (The troops mainly from the Columbus garrison) carried the Polk Flag or Cross

Hardee's Corps (Troops from the Bowling Green defenses) carried the Blue Hardee/Cleburne Flag with a white moon.

All other troops that were not previously under these comanders and were rushed to Corinth, carried 1st National flags of various state distinction.
I already know this and was not required to for this expansion.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Wow!. My fiend Allan says there's at least a 150,000 rebs hiding in those woods. :ohmy:

George
Well, I think this is pretty funny.

Maybe it is just one of McClellans tactics that when any force is meet, whether it be a regiment or an army, bring up the siege guns and get me one or two extra corps. We will have this war won in a hundred years or so and with fewer casualties.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

That looks awesome. Whoever is making those maps is great! I cant' wait to find out what battle it is.
HAH, that was amusing!

Hey, excellent job on the second picture showing the ground elevations, are you doing this by editing the height by hand or using the other method?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

That looks awesome. Whoever is making those maps is great! I cant' wait to find out what battle it is.
HAH, that was amusing!

Hey, excellent job on the second picture showing the ground elevations, are you doing this by editing the height by hand or using the other method?

davinci
I have been using the best USGS topographical maps available and matching the contours by hand. I have found it is the only way to capture the differences in height accurately and detailed enough. Using the method of extracting the data by a dem file loses too much fine detail. We have been very happy with the results compared to the real world terrain.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

New screenshot posted in original post. ;)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

New screenshot posted in original post. ;)
I like the color of the trees in the first picture that you posted, the last picture seems to be moving the trees back towards the color of the default trees which appears too neon-green.

But, I'll also add that the trees here in Tennessee had that same-neon-green-color several months ago!

The creek-banks and the ground terrain are looking extremely good, so excellent work there!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!