The next Expansion

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: The next Expansion

Post by Little Powell »

New screenshot has been posted in the original post.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

That looks awesome. Whoever is making those maps is great! I cant' wait to find out what battle it is. The suspense is killing me...Is General N. O. Body in this OOB, he is my favorite General of the war. I cant' seem to find him in Ezra J. Warner's books though. The whole team gets a gold star for the effort.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

That latest screenshot is a beaut. Looking very good. B)
Young Napoleon
Reactions:

Post by Young Napoleon »

Wow!. My fiend Allan says there's at least a 150,000 rebs hiding in those woods. :ohmy:

George
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Great pic, Matt! Stunning image! Does this mean we might be able to indicate a specific start time (e.g., pre-dawn engagements) in the sandbox or MP options?
Though, just because it is an add on to SOW, any way it comes out my response will be...]
Indeed. I've been playing Norb's games for almost ten years. Awesome has not been a victim of perfection to me. This is a quest achieved by smaller improvements by these fine folks. I'm just happily enjoying the ride. :-)
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Alrighty, another Antietam-style pre-dawn attack.

...unless its the evening/night.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Here is my guess.

Pic 2 Snodgrass house on Snodgrass Hill.

Pic 3 Horseshoe Ridge

Pic 4 Cleburne's night attack in Winfrey Field

I have ruled out Wilderness.

I don't think it is Shilo.

I'm sticking with Chickamauga. If it is, it is a great battle. Lots of fighting over difficult terrain.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It's odd because Bill F said it was Chickamauga a month ago and since then NSD have said no-one has guessed it yet :(
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

my gut is telling me Wilderness. The shot up trees in the one pic would suggest fighting has already happened on the ground. And that night time pic is Gordons evening assault on the union right.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I have been going through my books to try to find where I could place the pictures at which battle. I don't think it is the Wilderness because the building in the picts don't look like anything that I have seen in the Wilderness battlefield. I thought the farm might be widow Tapps, but I don't think so anymore. Most wilderness structures are two story with large rock fireplaces. The building in the pictures resemble more simpler western styles. The pictures look to be taken in the spring where Chickamauga was fought in September.

Shilo is still a possibility or maybe even the 7 days.

If you look at pic number 4 you will see on the right side of the picture and at the tree line a two story structure with a chimney.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.