Blocher's Knoll Video AAR

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
BGLaw4SC
Reactions:

Blocher's Knoll Video AAR

Post by BGLaw4SC »

Minor victory on Blocher's Knoll. I should have been more aggressive.

Enjoy this slideshow style video AAR anyhoo.

Last edited by BGLaw4SC on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Blocher's Knoll Video AAR

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Congrats, that's a nice AAR. You handled your troops well.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Great AAR, and really nice music there also.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Nice AAR! We here at NSD certainly appreciate your efforts, keep up the good work. :)

And a belated WELCOME.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
BGLaw4SC
Reactions:

Post by BGLaw4SC »

Thank you all for the kind remarks.

This game is something special. Along with its predecessors, it captures the essence of nineteenth century battlefield tactics and the intricacies of command in that era. The historical details are simply astounding. The best wargaming experience I've had in over 35 years of wargaming.

It does tend to go better with a little bluegrass in the background. At least for me, anyway.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

Welcome aboard. I love me some foot stompin blue grass.
-2nd_Tx
BGLaw4SC
Reactions:

Post by BGLaw4SC »

Thank you, 2nd Texas Infantry. I'm sure you do.

A man once said, "If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band."
I never doubted it for a minute.

My great, great grandfather served alongside the 8th (Terry's Texas Rangers) and 11th Texas Cavalry. He was in the 4th Tennessee Cavalry (Baxter Smith). The 1st Kentucky Cavalry was the fourth regiment in the brigade. They were all in Wharton's/Harrison's brigade for most of the war from Murfreesboro on to the final charge at Bentonville. Wharton and Harrison were both Texans.

With the exception of Hood's Texas Brigade, the Eighth Texas Cavalry was probably the best-known Texas unit to serve in the Civil War. It earned a reputation that ranked it among the most effective mounted regiments in the western theater of operations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry's_Texas_Rangers

Sure hope NSD does Chickamauga next. Murfreesboro or Perryville would be nice, too.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

I appreciate your heritage and gladly recognize the 8th Texas Cavalry as one of the most popular Texas regiments of the war.
However, my favorite Texas unit would be Granbury's Texas Brigade, Cleburne's Division, Hardee's Corps, Army of Tennessee.
Lastly, I like all three battles you mentioned. I can't be telling tall tales out of school, but I am thinking about doing Murfreesboro, as a mod for the anniversary. I hope it can happen for the 150th, but I have to finish up work for the next NSD official release and after that finish the Trans-Mississippi map pack that Reb Bugler and I have started. And then another NSD expansion. We will see, but more great battles to come.
BGLaw4SC
Reactions:

Post by BGLaw4SC »

Outstanding!

Cleburne's division has always been one of my favorites. General Cleburne was a truly great man and an excellent military leader. I think Hardee summed it up best:

"Where this division defended, no odds broke its line; where it attacked, no numbers resisted its onslaught, save only once; and there is the grave of Cleburne."