The next Expansion

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Re: The next Expansion

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

Antietam?
"Get this man a tent.....oh, and I Ceegar"
Thats some mighty fine spelling there Sarge. Might want to have your adjudant look over your correspondence before you fire it off to Richmond. "and I Ceegar"?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I really would like to see both CWBR and TC2M re-released with the SOW engine.
It would be nice if the map teams could do those maps as it would appear that the research is all done given the work from the first 2 games.

As for the expansion, it has to be The Seven Days with 6 battles and a dynamic linked operational map with carry-over loses. This would rock as both sides had basically the same amount of troops.

Make it happen!!! :)
Willard - Just curious; would you want to see the same exact set of scenarios converted to SOW, or a completely new set of scenarios?
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

I really would like to see both CWBR and TC2M re-released with the SOW engine.
It would be nice if the map teams could do those maps as it would appear that the research is all done given the work from the first 2 games.

As for the expansion, it has to be The Seven Days with 6 battles and a dynamic linked operational map with carry-over loses. This would rock as both sides had basically the same amount of troops.

Make it happen!!! :)
Willard - Just curious; would you want to see the same exact set of scenarios converted to SOW, or a completely new set of scenarios?
That all depends if you were to release it in a patch or as DLC with a price tag attached. If it is in a patch, I think just getting the maps would be fine as far as I am concerned as I overwhelmingly play MP. The mod community would probably have scenarios and OOBs done pretty quickly. If it was DLC with a price tag, than I would like to see all the maps, OOBs and scenarios at a minimum. Given that I paid full price for the previous two games, I would be less inclined to pay for a product I basically already purchased. But given that it would be releasing maps and scenarios to the SOW engine and for MP, I would consider paying depending upon the price. Of course I would hope that there would be some new additions in maps, scenarios or game engine in that case.

I really liked the carry-over campaigns from TC2M and would love to see that with the 7 Days. If there ever was a way to use a larger campaign map, even basic in nature and similar to the later Close Combat games, that would really add a cool element to dynamic game play. If we could get some caps on supply wagons it could really add to the simulation as you would need to factor that into your plans. I would also suggest that cavalry needs to be fixed and artillery remodeled.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

That's not asking for much Willard.........Adjust artillery....,lol. Willard is right though about re releasing those games. But don't the maps have to be redone with the new map tools that you guys are using?

Ammo wagons do need to be adjusted to be properly modeled for in game realism. So A player just couldn't park his ammo wagon right next to his artillery and have infinite ammo that way.

I have heard a lot of comments from players how they really liked the carry over in TC2M.

The first game "Bull Run" did anyone have problems with the sound? Every so often my speakers would just start thumping this really loud crashing sound and I would have to immediately turn the speakers down. Eventually it ruined my speakers. Ever since that happened, I have always thought that Norb owed me a new set of computer speakers.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Antietam?
"Get this man a tent.....oh, and I Ceegar"
Thats some mighty fine spelling there Sarge. Might want to have your adjudant look over your correspondence before you fire it off to Richmond. "and I Ceegar"?
You just stick to the Maps there snappy! :laugh:
Last edited by JC Edwards on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

LOL Snappy :D
There will always be a counter argument!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

good stuff, more maps = more carnage :)
Whippy
Reactions:

Post by Whippy »

I don't know if this means anything, but the Brotherton Cabin at Chickamauga looks different than the structure in the screenshot, and has a chimney.

I am not trying to be a "rivet counter," I'm just having fun investigating B)

Does anyone know if the cabin on display at Chickamauga is authentic or if it is a re-creation?
The attachment Picture825.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Picture825.jpg
Picture825.jpg (517.19 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Last edited by Whippy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMUStats
Reactions:

Post by LMUStats »

The original cabin was destroyed during the battle. The NPS rebuilt it many years later.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

Little Powell will be posting another pic of one of the maps in a day or so. This will keep the guessing game going. As we move forward the pics will be more revealing to the map pack's identity.
-2nd Tx