Differences between SOW and TC2M?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Armisted
Reactions:

Differences between SOW and TC2M?

Post by Armisted »

Hello everyone! I have been a huge fan of TC2M for a few years now and an avid player. I've always wanted to try SOW and im just wondering what the differences between SOW and TC2M are. Thanks for your help in advance!
Yes I know I spelled Armistead wrong but the correct spelling was already taken :(
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Differences between SOW and TC2M?

Post by Garnier »

SOW has Multiplayer.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Well, as mentioned by G-Man above you now have the Multi-Player option.

The biggest improvements overall would have to be the maneuvering ability of the games AI .

Unlike the previous game, the AI will not bunch up while attacking, but spread out to cover a wider front.

The AI has also been improved to constantly find and exploit any gaps in your line, as well as move around your flanks.

Another huge advantage is the new courier-system this has to be one of the best features in the current game.

Overall – this game is a must have!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Hello everyone! I have been a huge fan of TC2M for a few years now and an avid player. I've always wanted to try SOW and im just wondering what the differences between SOW and TC2M are. Thanks for your help in advance!
Basically the concept is the same.

-SoW has Multiplayer.

-There are some new orders in SoW. I can not live without them now.

-Possibily the scale of maps is different due to the standard sprite ratio in TC is 1:10, on SoW you have 1:4 or the scale you want. But different OOB should be needed for a 1:1 scale works.

-Graphics in SoW are dramatically improved, better vegetation and detailed maps. I prefer the TC unit sprites, are more detailed to me. On Sow all is blurrier. Performance is also better on TC, is normal because is an older engine.

-The courier system is improved in SoW and the HITS is something SoW characteristic. Ordering now is much easier and better.

-SoW is designed with the Mods in mind and is fast and easy to use mods ingame.

There are some things TC is more polished than SoW and there are some details I like more in TC and other things I miss in SoW. But I guess the future of this game will be amazing

Greetings.
Last edited by Gudadantza on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Armisted,

Just give the Demo a go, and you will see the gameplay difference and the graphics on the Maps.

There a lot of us members who also have TC2M..

;)

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

I'm still playing TC2M at work, albeit the Freerick the Great mod for it. STILL a great game.

Armisted,

My Brother, how could you not have this game yet? As Lawerence says, get the free demo and have your mind blown. You'll be over here to the dark side before you know it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jack "...what's that I hear? Cannon in the distance? We ride!!!..." O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm still playing TC2M at work, albeit the Frederick the Great mod for it. STILL a great game.
Well, since the topic has been answered, I guess that I can continue with our TC2M habit of Jumping Topic :

I wonder how many of the players over here still play the TC2M game, I haven't played that game in years, and will probably never play it again!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I'm still playing TC2M at work, albeit the Frederick the Great mod for it. STILL a great game.
Well, since the topic has been answered, I guess that I can continue with our TC2M habit of Jumping Topic :

I wonder how many of the players over here still play the TC2M game, I haven't played that game in years, and will probably never play it again!

davinci
reasons could be people with alternative lower end computers or old laptops and the huge different battles and maps not already modded in SoW. I Guess in a near future playing T2CM owning SoW will be like keep playing Bull Run vs T2CM.

Greetings
Armisted
Reactions:

Post by Armisted »

Hey I have a more specific question now. How balanced is the artillery? Today I played a game of TC2M and charged TWO brigades at two artillery batterys with zero infantry support and I was decimated! Is canister just as strong in SOW?
Yes I know I spelled Armistead wrong but the correct spelling was already taken :(
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Arm,

Artillery can be brutal in this game, as in TC2M. Also, (and here's the beauty part), if it's not doing enough killing for you, It...Can...Be...Modded...to where you like it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! In the Demo you get two Brigades of Infantry and a Battery on each side. Get that and try it out for yourself. Run some lads up to a Battery and see. At very short range, the Gunners will automatically switch to double-cannister. Good Luck.

Jack "...come see how a Marechal of France dies..." O'Neill B)

(For the Record, he was tied to a stake as a traitor to his King and shot. Bummer.)

How many of you can tell me who said it and when? LOL! :)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"