Question about performance

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Re: Question about performance

Post by Braxton Bragg »

This game is the maximum Army V Army Frame rates vary from 3-12

Not bad with everything on full setting

Braxton Bragg

System Model Aspire Z5610
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2926 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix P01-A4, 08/10/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name peter-PC\peter
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.77 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.61 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There will always be a counter argument!
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Thanks for the comparison, Bragg. Which do you consider is the most performance hit on your config playing that "monster"?

Greetings
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Well now.......... not sure probably say it would be the amount of sprites
must something in the region of....150.000 men, sure as hell slows things down!! :woohoo:

Braxton Bragg
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

GCM East Cav Field: sweet map.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

The performance changes were in 1.4 for the sprites.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Definitively I can´t see any logic in the game performance.

Each time Y look into process tab I see memory use is less 1,5 gb and I have 4, and the cpu process is about 25 per cent. It Does not mind if I choose one or 20 cores, the result is the same. If I want a pleasing interface response and gameplay I need press T to eliminate all the trees and I consider that unplanteable.

Trees at 50 per cent does not change nothing to me. around 7 FPS, playable but unpleasant and tiring.

At least loading times are very good, because with this performance if the loading times were the Shogun 2 ones the situation would make me let the game sleeping for a long time.

I am exhausted for a 20 minutes battle and the culprit is not the take of command... ;) is the frame per frame camera movement.

Greetings!
Last edited by Gudadantza on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Have you tried Game booster? this little program shuts down all your systems except the game
this will boost your frame rates :)

Braxton Bragg
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I´ll try it, thanks, but what I think is the used resources by the game, at least in my case, do not force my computer limits but the performance is like it had lack of resources, So not logic to me... :dry:

greetings
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

A tree at 50 per cent does not change anything to me. Around 7 FPS, playable but unpleasant and tiring!
Question – How many men are on the field when the FPS drops down to seven ?

Basically, you are asking if anyone with a similar system is getting better frames-per-second than you are.

But, what we are trying to explain is that everyone is getting different results, which depend on several different things.

Computer + Graphics Card + Memory + Operating System + Programs Running in the Background!

But, it really doesn’t matter what anyone else is getting, it’s what you are getting, so there are options available for you to tweak to improve your Personal Settings.

As stated above, you have to find or locate an OOB that works for you, and this will give you a better playing experience.

My limit is around thirty-thousand troops per side, anything over that and the game becomes unplayable.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

A tree at 50 per cent does not change anything to me. Around 7 FPS, playable but unpleasant and tiring!
Question – How many men are on the field when the FPS drops down to seven ?

Basically, you are asking if anyone with a similar system is getting better frames-per-second than you are.

But, what we are trying to explain is that everyone is getting different results, which depend on several different things.

Computer + Graphics Card + Memory + Operating System + Programs Running in the Background!

But, it really doesn’t matter what anyone else is getting, it’s what you are getting, so there are options available for you to tweak to improve your Personal Settings.

As stated above, you have to find or locate an OOB that works for you, and this will give you a better playing experience.

My limit is around thirty-thousand troops per side, anything over that and the game becomes unplayable.

davinci
Is logical that soldier numbers affects performance and it do. but i have tested 1:1 scale, uniforms on best, all the stuff high and corps battle and in a map like devils den the game is unplayable, but the less detailed entire gettysburg map, makes a very decent performance; with the same options more framerate.
Conclusion? The trees and vegetation are a dramatic fall performance.

Ok Guys, you optimized soldier sprites in 1.4, now I guess you should optimize the detailed maps, because they are very good looking but a performance tweak should be great. If in a future in going to be bigger maps I consider it a must for not degrade performance.

Scale counts on this game.

Or if some of us need to low the trees, make something cool like a hand made picture, or a map like picture on the floor when the trees are absent, so the info would be there. They are not just aesthetic but gameplay.

Greetings.