Screen.txt Question.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Screen.txt Question.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Can I have the screen.txt popup without having it part of a Scenario?

What I am looking to do is try to have the screen.txt popup before a sandbox battle actually begins letting people know what this mod does such as adding new keys, or any other information that the modder thinks the player should know before that SB battle begins. I know the Intro.txt is great to let folks know about the mod they are choosing to use, but I like to have a screen.txt popup.

Just poking about, and I was just wondering.

:)
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Screen.txt Question.

Post by ADukes »

Splash screens. ;)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Splash screens. ;)
I really enjoy the way you answer my questions, I have learned more from your help than any other... I personally think this man knows me better than most out there (could be a bad thing :huh: )

Thanks Adukes.

Such a wise old fella. :)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

I think ADukes is truly THE MASTER He just seems to know, whatever it is he knows how to fix :)

Braxton Bragg
There will always be a counter argument!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I think ADukes is truly THE MASTER He just seems to know, whatever it is he knows how to fix :)

Braxton Bragg
That is for certain.

Adukes reminds me of a teacher I had in junior high. As I look back now he was the best teacher I ever had simply because of the way he treated me. At the time, I personally thought he really disliked me because if I ever approached him with a problem, he would give me the most basic information such as a title of a book, or simply give me a page number, and I had to forage for the information for myself. I also noticed that he spent far more time on other students, and I just couldn't figure out why.

When I would hand anything in that I worked on, he would smile, and always say I could have done better.

As I got older I soon realized what he did for me, and he made me understand that to learn anything worthwhile you have to do the research yourself. He also taught me to never feel shy about asking a question because he would always say that "no question is a bad question, only the answer" which of course made me wonder what he meant by that, of course now it means you have to check your sources which even today I don't do (still learning).

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane Adukes, and I sure hope your a teacher, because you would make a damn fine one.

:)
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Good post Michael!
Hey I wonder what the A stands for?? Alan, Andrew? hmmm wonder if Mr Dukes would tell us? :)

Braxton Bragg
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Good post Michael!
Hey I wonder what the A stands for?? Alan, Andrew? hmmm wonder if Mr Dukes would tell us? :)

Braxton Bragg
'Allknowing'

;)

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Maybe...

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Dukes (a.k.a ADukes) :ohmy:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Yep thats him! It looks like the Interpol facefit :woohoo: