Debugging Bliss

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
norb
Reactions:

Debugging Bliss

Post by norb »

So the new nvidia drivers allow you to run two monitors with seperate resolutions. So I was able to take a second smaller monitor and hook it up to my card. So I went in the game and allowed it to change the start location of windowed mode. Now I can have one monitor with my debugger and code and run the game full window size on the other monitor. Very sweet. It's such a pain to go back and forth as some of your code is always covering up the game or visa versa. Yeah, it's a geek thing, but it's nice.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re:Debugging Bliss

Post by Amish John »

If it speeds us up the path to the finished product, we're all for it.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

Geek heaven! We are having a bit of wrok done on the house which I hope will create more room for my machine and then I can get two screens set up too! Its great for running photoshop and Maya at the same time - each to their own geekyness ;)
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Two screens would be great. One for my papers, the other for my research. Or one for my papers, the other for my games.:)

Keep up the good work guys, can not wait to see the game in full action!!
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Or hook up the moniters to one computer! Then we will all go huh? and why is nothing working correctly!

Kinda like hooking up two mice, you control both and you don't get anywhere!

Very random:laugh:
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Norb, thats all fine for initial development efficiency but hows about running or testing the prototype code on both a lesser and a greater PC to ferret out the wheat from the chaff?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

As I've mentioned before, we have not started testing. Testing will first be done for functionality, then performance.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

i still got a bemamoth 22" ViewSonic CRT lol

but indeed duel displays is becoming the normal through out collage campus and businesses today everywhere i look i see duel displays hahahaha..
Two turn tables and a micro-phone