MP Beta Fix

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: MP Beta Fix

Post by Little Powell »

I tried it singleplayer which worked fine. Then I hosted an MP game by myself, and when it loaded my framerate was stuck at 1 FPS. Switched back to 1.3003 and the framerate is normal.
Yep I can confirm this, something has destroyed the frame rates for MP on 3009. SP is fine.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

We ran an ARMY sized sandbox mp game with 4 of us last night. Previously this configuration had hung early. Ran very well last night.

So much depends on the connection speeds of the players. The server should always be the person with the best connection.

Gotta make a dedicated server for a future release.
Norb,

This is an old post, but I noticed your mention of a "dedicated server", has there been any progress in this area? Is there an ability for a player to set up a dedicated server at this point for MP games? Can you share your thoughts on what is planned for dedicated servers?

Thank you,

Gibson
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Honestly we haven't made progress in that area. It's something on the wish list. Right now we're trying to get the game is a good state so that the rest of the team can continue to make some map packs and I can go into development.