Detached Units

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Detached Units

Post by Gfran64 »

Hi,

In the new game, how will detaching units be handled, especially in MP. Let's say we are having a Corp sized battle and my division in being held in reserve. I cannot see most of the action as I am too far back. Reserves are needed at the front. I detach one of my brigades/arty/cav and send it on its way. Will the Divisional commander at the front be able to attach that unit to his command and TC it if need be or will it just operate independently? Will the Corp commander order this action and be made aware of the switch after it has occurred?

Thanks,

Greg
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re:Detached Units

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I was hoping for that as well in regular play, being able to attach units to a different command and play with them.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Gfran64 wrote:
Hi,

In the new game, how will detaching units be handled, especially in MP. Let's say we are having a Corp sized battle and my division in being held in reserve. I cannot see most of the action as I am too far back. Reserves are needed at the front. I detach one of my brigades/arty/cav and send it on its way. Will the Divisional commander at the front be able to attach that unit to his command and TC it if need be or will it just operate independently? Will the Corp commander order this action and be made aware of the switch after it has occurred?

Thanks,

Greg
I have not worked through issues like this at this point and they may wait. I do believe that we may have the ability to move units around in the engine though.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

It sounds like this game engine is very flowing and moddable.
Hancock the Superb