1.3 patch

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
cliometrician
Reactions:

1.3 patch

Post by cliometrician »

Where can I find a link to the old 1.3 patch? One of my MP friends can not get 1.4 to run properly on his computer, so I'm going to convert back when he and I play against each other.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: 1.3 patch

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Link Here: http://www.justallinone.com/index.php?o ... y&catid=44

I made sure I kept the older patch, and etc just for this situation.

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

We really should figure out what his problem is though. It's never good to downgrade, always want to upgrade.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

We really should figure out what his problem is though. It's never good to downgrade, always want to upgrade.
I'm with ya 100 percent. :)
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

My friend is running Vista on a computer 3-4 years old, with 4G RAM. He and I have been playing TC2M and SOWG on it for all these years, never any problem, until patch 1.4, and he's running uniforms on Best and no mods are running.

Everything is fine when maneuvering before battle, but once battle is joined, whenever he pans to look at the action, his screen turns black....every single time. He is able to get back in the game, but he has to pan AWAY from the action for the game to keep going. Absolutely bizarre. So it plays ok, as long as he doesn't see what is going on.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Blacklander
Reactions:

Post by Blacklander »

That's me stuck on 1.3. And I'm NOT looking for a fix at this point. The problem I think is just the perfect combination of four year old, off the shelf computer, running Vista with a stock video card. I'll be getting a new computer NEXT year, and won't bother with upgrading current components.

And about that quirky 1.4 problem mentioned by cliometrician-- I see everything fine, so long as I don't have too many troops on the screen engaged in combat. Fighting on the end of a line, controlling about 4-7000 troops is no problem. Panning the camera to the fully engulfed center of the rest of the army is when I get the dreaded black-screen problem, slowing our games to a crawl.

Viewing the entire battle from about half a mile to the rear is another workaround. I feel like Lee during such moments, forgoing direct control of regiments or even brigades, and just sending the troops to "targets" on the map before turning them loose.