Beta Patch for 1.4

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Southern Son
Reactions:

Re: Beta Patch for 1.4

Post by Southern Son »

Southern Son - Good news; I can re-create your problem! I'm getting the exact same cav glitches. That should help us out a lot.
Little Powell, how did you do that? :blush:

Let as hope, it will help to fix the glitches. By why only the Union cavalry?

;)
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

It's coded into the game that way. LP and Norb both know that Yankee cavalrymen were only about half the horseman of their Confederate brothers....now it graphically shows up in the game :laugh:
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

It's coded into the game that way. LP and Norb both know that Yankee cavalrymen were only about half the horseman of their Confederate brothers....now it graphically shows up in the game :laugh:
HAAaaaaaa, Chris you a nut! :laugh:
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Chris G. wrote:
It's coded into the game that way. LP and Norb both know that Yankee cavalrymen were only about half the horseman of their Confederate brothers....now it graphically shows up in the game
Sheridan and Custer might disagree. And their performance would tend to confirm that. :)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

Chris G. wrote:
It's coded into the game that way. LP and Norb both know that Yankee cavalrymen were only about half the horseman of their Confederate brothers....now it graphically shows up in the game
Sheridan and Custer might disagree. And their performance would tend to confirm that. :)

True...sheer numbers will eventually overwhelm the finest of forces. I am however a fan of General Philip Sheridan, good cavalryman. Custer, meh, average when he had an advantage of some sort (numbers, weapons, etc.)....things didn't work out so well for him when he was on the short side of the numbers game (Little Bighorn).
Last edited by Chris G. on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Son
Reactions:

Post by Southern Son »

Chris G. wrote:

True...sheer numbers will eventually overwhelm the finest of forces. I am however a fan of General Philip Sheridan, good cavalryman. Custer, meh, average when he had an advantage of some sort (numbers, weapons, etc.)....things didn't work out so well for him when he was on the short side of the numbers game (Little Bighorn).
Two words:

Custer's Luck

When he run out of it, he was done.

;)
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Problem is with the one cavalry sprite, as you can see from the screenie.
The attachment screen0002_2011-12-24.png is no longer available
MipMaps = 1 for me. Otherwise, everything looks great!

Perhaps a suggestion for the next patch, why not be able to choose the forces brought to a sandbox battle? You can choose which units each side brings and where they start or choose random, which chooses random starting places and random forces (depending upon the size of the battle. You should be able to still choose your commander within the random force selection.
Attachments
screen0002_2011-12-24.png
screen0002_2011-12-24.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 185 times
Hancock the Superb
oho
Reactions:

Post by oho »

I don't get a correct ratio all the times. It seems to work only with ratios >= 4. is that correct? Or do we have other restrictions like number of maximum sprites per unit?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I don't get a correct ratio all the times. It seems to work only with ratios >= 4. is that correct? Or do we have other restrictions like number of maximum sprites per unit?
Yep, 125 sprites per unit limit. Please test the heck out of this feature, there are so many combinations whereas we could have missed something. This is a super new feature, it must work as advertised...Thanks
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Chris Mengersen
Reactions:

Post by Chris Mengersen »

Hello,
i got a question, maybe not fully connected with the patch.
Is there any way to set the Sprite Rate on 1:2 or even 1:1?
The newest innovation with the patch makes it possible to decrease the amount of soldiers shown, any way to increase it?

Greetings
Chris