Beta Patch for 1.4

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Southern Son
Reactions:

Re: Beta Patch for 1.4

Post by Southern Son »

Lp, for whatever reason only the Union cavalry behaves so. The Confederate cavalry behaves normal.

A little nervous the Bluebellies :blush:

;)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Lp, for whatever reason only the Union cavalry behaves so. The Confederate cavalry behaves normal.

;)
Yeah, we'll just have to let Norb work on it. He's aware of graphical glitches. I just wish someone on the team was having the same problem.. That would make it much easier to fix.
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Is the MipMaps=1 for the latest version only?
I don't know how many he has posted. I do know that it is not in the first version that he posted, but it is in the second.
Southern Son
Reactions:

Post by Southern Son »

;)
Yeah, we'll just have to let Norb work on it. He's aware of graphical glitches. I just wish someone on the team was having the same problem.. That would make it much easier to fix.
LP,i can send you an email with the save game
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

;)
LP,i can send you an email with the save game
Actually that probably won't help because the saved games don't retain the graphic files. If we played the saved game, we'd still be using our graphic files that are working properly. Just to rule it out, you might want to try re-downloading/installing the patch just in case something got corrupted. I'm always suspicious of that if only one person is having a particular problem.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

There seems to be a MP problem with the latest version. I hosted a game with Robinson and NY Cav and Cleburne. The game took a while to start (clock running). Then when we gave orders game froze.

Tried twice, no love.

Harmon hosted, same same.

We're going back to original patch for now.

Dang. . . I should have saved it and uploaded files but didn't, sorry.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the file bit
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

We reverted to v1.3059 and everything worked fine. So definitely something in the newest patch is slightly off.
Southern Son
Reactions:

Post by Southern Son »

Actually that probably won't help because the saved games don't retain the graphic files. If we played the saved game, we'd still be using our graphic files that are working properly. Just to rule it out, you might want to try re-downloading/installing the patch just in case something got corrupted. I'm always suspicious of that if only one person is having a particular problem.
Just finished re-downloading and installing the patch. Nothing's changed.
The Yankee cavalry still drunk. :huh:

Never mind.I can wait til Norb fixed the problem.

Thx
B)
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Okay. . . seems the only problem is with using Garnier's random map (East Cav Field with different stone walls and woods).

Game works fine on regular maps.

Here's the log file from the random map freeze up if you're interested, Norb:

http://www.sow.philipmcg.com/c/platte/p ... attle=4811
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Okay. . . seems the only problem is with using Garnier's random map (East Cav Field with different stone walls and woods).

Game works fine on regular maps.

Here's the log file from the random map freeze up if you're interested, Norb:

http://www.sow.philipmcg.com/c/platte/p ... attle=4811
Noted. Thank you KG.