Antietam pack

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Antietam pack

Post by KG_Soldier »

KG, i don't always jump into the discussions here on the board, because what little I do know about creating a game like this would fit on the end of a neddle. I do like to read them because there is a ton of information in them that is helpful, as many of you guys are very smart when it comes to games like these. What I don't like to see though, is when a person goes out of their way to egg someone else in these forums. How does it help anyone? The only thing it does, is derails a subject and causes hard feelings between the community. Why not just do the egg throwing via e-mails, and not here on the boards where it ruins a good subject? I see this happen from time to time, and believe me, it gets old very fast. Sorry everyone, forgive me, I had to say it. Back to the discussion.
Uh. . . well. . . I'm sorry if I offended you. You see. . . Seal just passed the bar, so he's not a big-time lawyer -- yet. And while he was still in school, he went home to visit his mom often. So I made a joke. Shame on me for it -- I guess.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Ohhhhh all of ya knock it off! :angry:

Anyway.......testing is coming along very well...........I'm positive none will be disappointed. ;)

Sarge
Last edited by JC Edwards on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

I think that only those who design the software to decide the selling price.
We all that remains is to decide whether to buy or not.
So I'm okay with "DaVinci".
Surely, the programmer must take into consideration if considers to Antietam an expansion or a game in hand.
Personally, I would suggest SOW as a main title, then by sub-format: Gettysburg, Antietam and other (such as changing the main menu).
Greetings from Italy.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Personally, I think that the price for this product should be set by Norb , and none of us should have a say as to what that price should be.

We, will either buy it, or we won’t buy it, but that should be the only choice \ option that we should have.

None of us goes into a store and debate with said store about how much we should pay for these items that we have picked out, the cashier would look at us like we were crazy, and ask us to leave the store!

The bottom line is that I thought that the original product was under-priced, I absolutely know that the Pipe-Creek-pack was greatly under-priced.

This really makes me wonder how certain individuals even paid for the Computer, to play certain games, when the price of the Computer was in the hundreds, if not a thousand dollars.

davinci
I'm with Davinci - these guys have put a lot of time and energy into this product and its right that they should receive fair renumeration for a truly great game - plus I know that some of the money generated will go back into developing this game out further because that's how these guys work they put gamers first which is refreshing compared to some game producers out there.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

They are all doing an amazing job. The detail I'll hold against anyone trying to recreate this piece of history. Constant playing, constant tweaking to make sure each is the best it can be. The QA team is playing them every night, over and over, and these are not all short battles. This is going to be an awesome pack. The challenge of how to make it fun and challenging has been really accomplished. The maps are great, it's going to be a must have addition to the SOW series.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

They are all doing an amazing job. Constant playing, The QA team is playing them every night, over and over, and these are not all short battles.
I see that IS an amazing job, poor fellas, having to play every night and all that.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

you wouldnt believe how stressful it is - my psychiatrists bills are piling up.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

It's the repetitive nature of game testing that drives you to the loony bin. I think that is about one of the hardest jobs on the market today...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Are you a tester?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I was at one time. I personally would never be a good candidate for anything to do with the American Civilwar. I'm simply too ignorant when it comes to this time period. I'm more suited for first person shooters.