Corn fields

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Corn fields

Post by BOSTON »

Anybody

Is there going to be a way of T-ing out corn fields in the new game?

hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re:Corn fields

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I hope there is no button the get out of that stuff. I use it way too often and it is an automatic when the game starts (TC2M).
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We do corn completely different in this game than was done in TC2M, it should not be a problem. I hated that corn.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Norb

Got both messages, funny the one I posted on Slitherine disapeared, I'll repost to see if it sticks this time, cause in the short time it was there it got several views. Those big corn fields in tc2m left me with doubt where my troops were facing.

Thanks, hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

The corn was too tall. I liked the look, but the problem was you couldn't figure out which way you were facing (when you were deploying your troops.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Norb

Got both messages, funny the one I posted on Slitherine disapeared, I'll repost to see if it sticks this time, cause in the short time it was there it got several views. Those big corn fields in tc2m left me with doubt where my troops were facing.

Thanks, hoistingman4
Thanks for the info, it's good to know which sites are friendly to us and which aren't.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I always thought the fatigue factor was set too high in corn. I've had occasion during my reenacting career to march through corn and it's not really that tiring. The toughest part is trying to keep your line straight if in battleline. Also, I've been told corn planted in the 19th century wasn't planted as densely as modern corn and as Norb stated, the corn today is taller than it was 140 years ago due to advances in agriculture.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Norb

My postings at Slitherine were deleted by the moderator, cause they felt my post was an advertisement. Of course they {slitherine} controls the Play History site as well. They don't have a LINK page. Kinda felt like they were goose stepping, although it was said you could discuss a game,or make a referral if someone is looking for help.

hoistingman
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Hey AJ, corny story but true !:)
I live in an area where corn is in abundance, modern corn that is.
As AJ said, corn is not that fatiguing to get around in. However, mid August, you cannot see sh-t once in the middle of it. But as AJ mentioned, corn cultivated in the 19th Century was not as tall as modern corn and not that dense nor planted in perfect geometric rows. Could be planting the 'game corn' historically accurate is all thats needed. Then again maybe not!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Norb

My postings at Slitherine were deleted by the moderator, cause they felt my post was an advertisement. Of course they {slitherine} controls the Play History site as well. They don't have a LINK page. Kinda felt like they were goose stepping, although it was said you could discuss a game,or make a referral if someone is looking for help.

hoistingman
That's sad to hear. I've always allowed plenty of posts for their games with links to live on our boards. It's just sad to hear that because independent companies need to stick together and help each other out. I understand moving a post, I do that myself, but to just delete it seems a little harsh.