mini map

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re:mini map

Post by Amish John »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
Some 37.2 GB of regular memory. I believe that it is from a unit falling back.
:pinch:
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Amish John wrote:
Hancock the Superb wrote:
Some 37.2 GB of regular memory. I believe that it is from a unit falling back.
:pinch:
My sentiments exactly AJ!:blink:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I wrote that up a post.
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Hancock Wrote: Some 37.2 GB of regular memory.
HuH! Are you running a NASA super computer? :S :dry:
If you're running Windows XP-home, it can only utilize a little under 4 GBs max!
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Sorry, Mega Bites. I have a 4 Gig Memory stick.
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Hancock, much better!;)
The next time you get the enemy friendly fire thing going, can you take a screen shot and post it here? Real interesting!
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

I'll do it with my own men :evil:

Norb, JC is being a BAD BAD man.
Hancock the Superb
BOSTON1
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON1 »

Jim wrote:
The new game will not pause when the map is up. The idea is that battles did not stop while the commander was looking at his map. The pause button is to allow for intrusions of Real Life (such as the spouse, phone, crying baby etc).
In multiplayer, I don't think there will be a pause function at all. It would be difficult to keep synchronization.
Jim

On average how many VP sites will there be from large to small stock scenerios? and the info on those VP sites {x/morale, x/ammunition, x/supply ect., VP value points and posession time to accumulate those points}? In the past games the only way to access that info was on the mini-map, I'm curious to know if you had made any changes in the that aspect of the game? What I'm looking to see if you had created a popup window that would have all that info without blinding the battlemap with a minimap, that prevents a player from making moves. Or, perhaps that info would be included in the pre-scenerio discription to be reference at any point in the the game play, I know it's too late to make changes now, however I thought it might be something worth discussing.

BOSTON
"Ready to Rumble!"
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

In the historical scenarios it varies at the discretion of the scenario designer. There may be none or several. The rewards or lack therof are also set entirely by the designer. The VPs are all easily seen on the map and the points and requirements to win are shown in the tooltip. I can't give you exact values as we are still testing and refining the historical scenarios so the numbers are still in flux.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Jim wrote:
In the historical scenarios it varies at the discretion of the scenario designer. There may be none or several. The rewards or lack therof are also set entirely by the designer. The VPs are all easily seen on the map and the points and requirements to win are shown in the tooltip. I can't give you exact values as we are still testing and refining the historical scenarios so the numbers are still in flux.

-Jim
Jim

Let me get this straight. The VP values and Waypoint VP values with associated info, will be accessible during gameplay without having to go to the minimap, is that correct? Being a creature of habit, When starting a scenario I pause and survey what is the lay of the land, keeping in mind what the objective(s) is, as described BY THE DESIGNER, then march off with a battle plan in mind. Intelligence gathering early in a scenario is a "must" to me, whereas to another player may not give a Hoot. Certainly if VPs are being used in a game there must be some rationality for doing so. What I am getting at is the loss of game clock while trying to access that info that has been only available on the minimap, with several VP locations to tooltip or gather intelligence from especially on a new large map(s). I'm hoping for a more user friendly path getting that info while the game clock is running.

BOSTON
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston