One of the best Air/Ground Traffic Control Game made, and it's FREE.

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

One of the best Air/Ground Traffic Control Game made, and it's FREE.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I'm not going into detail with this because all the information can be found here at http://www.justallinone.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=156

The game is called TOWER. It's old, but I can tell you this game/simulator kept me awake for allot of hours playing.

Anyway, enjoy!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: One of the best Air/Ground Traffic Control Game made, and it's FREE.

Post by RebBugler »

this game/simulator kept me awake for allot of hours playing.
You're hired, if you can stay awake playing this game, you qualify for a Air Traffic Controller job. :P
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

this game/simulator kept me awake for allot of hours playing.
You're hired, if you can stay awake playing this game, you qualify for a Air Traffic Controller job. :P
Hi RebBugler!!!

HAAaaaa, okay that's funny.

I don't know if you have ever played this game but it can become an addiction :pinch: . It is nice when you watch the flights coming in for a landing. It's really something else to watch (cool). :blink:

You just don't only guide your flights inbound, you also have to take care of the outbound as well. Where this simulation really shines is handling the ground control. Man with incoming flights, and outgoing you have to handle everything from giving instructions for taxi, and take off, and managing taxiing, and parking instructions, making sure you hand off properly. It can get pretty hairy, and with the errors these pilots can make it's just a really great simulator.

Not only do you have to keep proper lateral, and horizontal separations...I mean the list just goes on. The command structure is easy to remember, managing is what made me stay up playing this thing...it's addictive.

It's a great little program to tinker with.

So how much will I get paid? I need enough to get highspeed... :woohoo:

Cheers RebBugler.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I don't think the real world wants me to be controlling aircraft.

Can you deliberately crash planes into each other? Or can you put them ILS and change the altitude so they crash into the runway like in Die Hard 2?

If it could be modded then we could model real-life crashes. RB could do the 'Carnage in the Sky' mod.

My mind reels with the possibilities. :evil:

B
Last edited by born2see on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

B Wrote:
I don't think the real world wants me to be controlling aircraft.
Haaaaaaa...
Can you deliberately crash planes into each other?
Not sure there B. I never tried too. I normally always tried to keep good seperation. :)

Cheers B.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:
Not sure there B. I never tried too. I normally always tried to keep good separation.
Man you're no fun. The first time I played Indycar Racing I set myself for no damage and drove around the track backward crashing into all the competitors until they were all wrecked. Turned around and crossed the finish line a winner. Very cool!

That's just one of countless examples. :evil:

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:
Not sure there B. I never tried too. I normally always tried to keep good separation.
Man you're no fun. The first time I played Indycar Racing I set myself for no damage and drove around the track backward crashing into all the competitors until they were all wrecked. Turned around and crossed the finish line a winner. Very cool!

That's just one of countless examples. :evil:

B
Haaaaaa!!! Okay that's funny! I have done the same thing way back just to see what would happen. One of the better games I have played is an old game called "Destruction Derby". I still play it every once in awhile for a good laugh or two.

You are right, it's cool to do those things...Hmmm maybe I should try it when playing TOWER, or ATC Simulator 2 (won't see the graphics of the explosion I'm afraid, your manning a console).

Cheers there B.