For those hunters out there...

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

For those hunters out there...

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I know one moment you don't see me for a week, then the next all you do see is me. :woohoo:

Anyway, Hunting season will be starting soon arriving, and I happen to come across one of the most incredible game which is played free on a game server. The software is FREE, and is rated one of the best to have been made. Anyway here is the description from their website, and personally I have the software, unfortunately it won't allow me to take part in.

NOTE: The link too this site will be found at the bottom of this post.
Description...About theHunter

Play for free - enjoy theHunter for absolutely nothing!

Sign-up for free and receive an unlimited time Guest pass!
Create your character, take a mission and download the 3D client
Pick up your free rifle and unlimited ammo, track and hunt Mule Deer on the visually stunning Whitehart Island
Make the Leaderboards, compare yourself against your friends, even win prizes
Track your statistics. Check out each individual hunt; every animal hunted, every single shot fired, every mile covered
Increase your shooting, tracking and weapon skills as you play
Visit the store, Doc's Outfitters, containing extra firearms, ammunition, hunting licenses and much more...

Become a member - and in addition to Guest features...

Hunt the illusive Whitetail Deer and the impressive Roosevelt Elk
Take on Turkey too, even in flight! Or the mischievous Coyote
Hunt on Logger's Point, an entirely new area featuring Feral Hogs and Blacktail Deer among other species.
When any of your weapons are running low on ammo, you receive free ammo boxes so you never run out
Server priority during busy times
Additional clothing and equipment
Plus two additional free weapons; a shotgun and a pistol
Membership starts from just $14.99 for 3 months

The Environment

Based on the environment of Washington State
Full daytime cycle casts dynamic shadows, shafts of sunlight piercing through the woodland canopy
Experience dramatic weather including wind, rain, and fog
Discover fascinating map areas, like the ancient archaeological ruins
Use the Environment to your advantage; crouch or go prone in tall grass, use trees and natural rock formations to hide yourself from your prey

Social Network

Personalise your profile; add widgets, upload pictures, show off your character and skills
Add friends, compare hunting stories and Leaderboard scores
Track mission progress and hunt success with handy widgets
Visit other player pages, comment on their adventures and make friends

The Future - theHunter is constantly developing, and future updates will add -

More weapons. More environments. More animals!
New gameplay features, missions and competitions

...and a lot more. Our vision is to create the ultimate virtual hunting experience, and constantly make it better! We believe we can do it! Join us and be part of the exciting future!

Website Link: http://www.thehunter.com/pub/index.php

Have fun guys. :silly:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Re: For those hunters out there...

Post by 35th Georgia »

I have played this game on the free side and paid for a year. It's great the only thing I didn't like was having to walk everywhere you went when going from one area to the next. It will fry a graphic card not rated high enough,but I found it worth my time. The thing for me now is that SOW has all my game time.It's the only civil war game I have found of value in a long,long time. The Hunter doesn't take much to setup and it'll suck you in,if you are a hunter. Good call Mike.
Last edited by 35th Georgia on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

35th Georgia Wrote:
The Hunter doesn't take much to setup and it'll suck you.
Most good hunting games do. I own Deer Hunter 2005, and everyone once in awhile I load it up, and play for hours on end.
It's great the only thing I didn't like was having to walk everywhere you went when going from one area to the next.
That would be a pain, in DH2005 you have your choice's for transportation. I'm sure that others have mentioned this too them. I can't understand why they wouldn't let you own a horse, 4 wheeler. Do you happen to have the ability to choose your start-off point on the map, or does it choose randomly?

I'm happy that you play the game. I have the software but of course with my type of connection they just refuse me. :(
The thing for me now is that SOW has all my game time.It's the only civil war game I have found of value in a long,long time.
Haaaaaa, I know the feeling. I had to stop playing it for awhile (I still do but not as often) because I would get on the computer at 1pm or so, and I would have to stop playing at 4am in the morning...it just got too much. this is actually the first time I felt guilty about not playing my other games..weird I know. :)

Cheers 35th Georgia, and Good Hunting!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

They have made some changes now so that you can start at a campsite as well as at basecamp.I would like the horse option but then the four wheeler would probably get the most votes. With SOW I have to use alot of self discipline as once I get started I lose all track of time. Because of the way I work and with a 4 yr old I've yet to get in on the 7pm games for GCM but I'll time it right sooner or later. The Hunter is the best by far that's out there it seems on quality and AI. I do like you as far as starting off on one Idea and that leading to many others. It would have been great to have computers as a kid.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

35th Wrote:
They have made some changes now so that you can start at a campsite as well as at basecamp.
Well that is good. Too bad they don't have an option which would allow you to purchase your own campsite, and then have the ability to base your supplies (who knows maybe).
With SOW I have to use alot of self discipline as once I get started I lose all track of time.
Absolutely, this game is addictive no doubt about it.
The Hunter is the best by far that's out there it seems on quality and AI.
That is a very big plus. You want to have the feeling like you are actually stalking your prey. With DH2005 (not the best, but close) I do get that feeling from time to time. I tell you if your don't have good tracking skills you can kiss your kill goodbye. Tell me, do they force bag limits?
I do like you as far as starting off on one Idea and that leading to many others.
Boy don't we know it. I can't tell you how often I start looking for something then I spot something that has nothing to do with what I was looking for, and before you know it old age kicks in, and I forget what I started off looking for in the first place. Man old age is killing me (that one brain cell I have left is being worked pretty hard lately :))
It would have been great to have computers as a kid.
HAaaaaa, no kidding, but I think I liked playing with G.I Joe in the sandbox, and having him sneak a peak under Barbies dress while he is kicking the crap out of Ken. :)

Cheers 35th!
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

lol
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Thought I had subscribed to every forum on the board but I missed this one. Downloading it now.

Mike, how long did it take you to download the 830MB client?

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thought I had subscribed to every forum on the board but I missed this one. Downloading it now.

Mike, how long did it take you to download the 830MB client?

B
Hi there B.

My brother downloaded it about 5 months ago for me. It is one hugh file, but well worth it from what 35th is saying. It won't let me connect because of my speed.

Oh well, let me know how it goes B, I would love to hear about it. :)

Cheers, and take care.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:
Oh well, let me know how it goes B, I would love to hear about it.
You can't play it? You're cursed, Mike. The Board should figure out how to get you High-Speed Internet for all your contributions.

Anyway, I just finished the tutorials. Pretty cool. I'm going to leave it for now and hit it again in the morning. Oh... that's right.... It's morning now. I mean later. :S

Thanks as always.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

B Wrote:
You can't play it? You're cursed, Mike.
Haaaaaa...I don't know really because if I do get highspeed then I would have to decide if I become the worlds largest tick or have to let most of the MP players for SOWgb take their turns at kicking the crap out of me, not sure which I would choose. :)
The Board should figure out how to get you High-Speed Internet for all your contributions.
Nah, when it's time for me to get Highspeed, I'll get it. Besides I don't like being beholden to no man, I like doing things on my own.
Anyway, I just finished the tutorials. Pretty cool. I'm going to leave it for now and hit it again in the morning. Oh... that's right.... It's morning now. I mean later.
Cool, let me know how it goes. I'm up till the wee hours of the morning, so I'll check back to see.

Cheers B.