Help downloading mods, additional scenarios

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
tnd112901
Reactions:

Re: Help downloading mods, additional scenarios

Post by tnd112901 »

yes, but when i click on the icon on the left in the mods, nothing shows up in the box on the right like it did for the bonus scenarios; both folders are side by sid ein my mods folders and appear to be good to go????
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

tnd112901 wrote:

yes, but when i click on the icon on the left in the mods, nothing shows up in the box on the right like it did for the bonus scenarios; both folders are side by sid ein my mods folders and appear to be good to go????
The Cemetery Hill/Culps Hill Scenario Series are in a compressed ZIP file called GBCH_Series_1-5.zip. Did you extract the files first before you put it in the mods folder?

Also, once it's extracted it should create a folder named "Gettysburg Cemetery Hill - Culps Hill Series:". That's the folder that goes in your Mods folder. However, make sure before you put it there that when you open THAT folder you see a Scenarios folder and and a file called intro.txt.

This is important - If you open the "Gettysburg Cemetery Hill - Culps Hill Series:" folder after you first extract it and you see another folder inside with the same name then THAT'S the folder which goes in your Mods folder. A little confusing to read but obvious when you look at it.

I can walk you through how to extract them if you're not sure. The procedure depends on what software you have installed.

Let me know,

B
Last edited by born2see on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
tnd112901
Reactions:

Post by tnd112901 »

B-

I deleted and reloaded it...steep learning curve for me...here i can save an individuals life; however, when it comes to this stuff, i am a novice!!

All set for now...thank you very much for your help....i must've extracted wrong the first time.

Take care.

D
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Glad we could be of assistance. What help we can give pales in comparison to what you do. Thank you for your service.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam