Patch 1.3 Problem

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
General Straw-Wall
Reactions:

Patch 1.3 Problem

Post by General Straw-Wall »

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the 1.3 patch. Now when I start the game it wants an activation code. If I give it my activation code it says it is already in use. Since I can't bring up the game now, I can't deactivate. Can you tell me what action I can take that will keep from losing my score history. Thanks.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Patch 1.3 Problem

Post by born2see »

General Straw-Wall Wrote:
I downloaded and installed the 1.3 patch. Now when I start the game it wants an activation code. If I give it my activation code it says it is already in use. Since I can't bring up the game now, I can't deactivate. Can you tell me what action I can take that will keep from losing my score history.
Contact Support. Include your log. It' at ...\Work\SOWGB.log. Activation won't affect your scores unless you delete your installation and don't backup your HighScore.dat file.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... d&Itemid=3

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
General Straw-Wall
Reactions:

Hi,

I discovered that when I orginally download the game I created a SOWGB file folder on my C: drive under programs. That file opens and runs the game correctly and contains my latest high scores. Do I need to move this game to a folder direct under my C: drive? I read somewhere that it should not be located in the programs folder. I am running version 1.102. Is it necessary that I incorporate the patch, or can I complete this version to reach General status?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Hi,

I discovered that when I orginally download the game I created a SOWGB file folder on my C: drive under programs. That file opens and runs the game correctly and contains my latest high scores. Do I need to move this game to a folder direct under my C: drive? I read somewhere that it should not be located in the programs folder. I am running version 1.102. Is it necessary that I incorporate the patch, or can I complete this version to reach General status?
I'm guessing that when you installed the 1.3 patch, it created a new folder with just the patch content. Now when you try to launch the game from a shortcut, it's just launching from that new folder, that's why it thinks that the game needs to be activated.

I would recommend that you do the following:

1. First de-activate your game.
2. Uninstall your game using the uninstall wizard found in the game directory. It will keep your Mods folder and your Work folder (so you won't lose your saved games and highscores)
3. Re-install the full game to your C:\NorbSoftDev\ (it does this by default) and activate.
4. Install 1.3 patch.
5. Move the Work folder and Mods folder left over from the old install directory to the new one.

You should be good to go.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

3. Re-install the full game to your C:\NorbSoftDev\ (it does this by default) and activate.
4. Install 1.3 patch.
Way better is re-downloading and re-installing of the full 1.3 version.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

4. Install 1.3 patch.
Way better is re-downloading and re-installing of the full 1.3 version.
Ah, didn't realize the full 1.3 version was available for download yet. Thanks.
General Straw-Wall
Reactions:

So, remaining with my 1.102 version until I make General doesn't fly?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

So, remaining with my 1.102 version until I make General doesn't fly?
No because there was a bug in 1.2 that does not register the high score for GB19.
General Straw-Wall
Reactions:

Ah, tis true that "nothing is fair in love and war."

Thanks to you & ADukes for your help.
General Straw-Wall
Reactions:

Wait a second! I have not installed the 1.2 patch. I am running the 1.102 version - does it record the score for GB19? Perhaps there is fairness in SOWGB yet!!!!