Jackson What if Scenario

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Jackson What if Scenario

Post by charlesonmission »

I'm playing as Jackson in the "What if Scenario"

I can't seem to send courier messages, I send them, but the generals don't do anything. I tried this with the MTG courierd mod and without, same result. WhenI click on a unit and double click, the courier goes and the unit moves.

Any ideas?

Charles
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Jackson What if Scenario

Post by con20or »

i might not understand you correctly, but you have to give the order to the general commanding - so select him, click the spot you want his brigade/division to move to, then click the formation button (column/line etc).

sounds like what youre doing is ordering the units individually.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

No, I mean, I precc 'C' to bring up the courier screen. I click on the general, click execute my orders, click on a destination in the map or move forward x yards, click send. The courier on the horse then goes the general, but the general doesn't move or the his units.

Charles
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

ok - weird. A couple of things to check..i sure you have tried all these.

- Have you the most recent patch installed? If not, then you have to be very careful when writing out orders to give an execution time. The default is always wrong - it's in the past. You'll know your game version at the main screen it will say version 1.2.

- Are you making sure all of the commands are being added to the sheet of paper on the right hand side in the courier screen?

- Are they your troops to command? I havent played that scenario, so I dont know who you play as in it. Obviously you cant give orders to superiors or troops belonging to other generals unless that general is also under your command.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

ok - weird. A couple of things to check..i sure you have tried all these.

- Have you the most recent patch installed? If not, then you have to be very careful when writing out orders to give an execution time. The default is always wrong - it's in the past. You'll know your game version at the main screen it will say version 1.2.

Yes I'm on 1.2

- Are you making sure all of the commands are being added to the sheet of paper on the right hand side in the courier screen?

Yes, they are.

- Are they your troops to command? I havent played that scenario, so I dont know who you play as in it. Obviously you cant give orders to superiors or troops belonging to other generals unless that general is also under your command.
This was my initial question too. I'm Lt. General Jackson, I've just taken control of the corps again. So, I assumed I had control of the troops in front of me.

Charles
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Interestingly enough i had been having trouble with the the courier menu and the corps tutorial the day before you posted this. I was sending messages but only the general moved, not the troops, which is the opposite of your problem.

Something looked different on the courier menu, was it maybe that 'move to' has replaced 'move your unit to'? Either way I wasnt able to move my division commanders without using the movement map - which bypasses couriers altogether.

Try selecting the division commander, then double click on a spot, then a division formation.Couriers should go out then.

Also make sure your courier settings are set to the lowest - brigade in the options. Im not sure what difference that will make, but worth a shot.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

I think what you are saying works, if I directly click on the division commander, then click on a location and formation. However, I play with LOS and I can't leave the commanding general (I think it is called HITS). As this seems the most realistic way to play. Bascially, I can't always see where a general is, which means it wouldn't work.

There has to be some way to get it to work, I've played Scenarios 2 and 3 with no problems.

Charles
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

i also play HITS - i prefer it and i agree it is a problem. Im not sure whats causing it though, or if its just something we're doing wrong. Strange its happening in the corps scenarios both times.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

is the jackson 'what if' scenario a mod? if so there might be a problem with the OOB and the courier system..

maybe changing OOB's impact on commands by courier menu..
charlesonmission
Reactions:

I don't think it is a mod, although I suppose we need Little Powell to confirm that.