Xfire Support

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Xfire Support

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I have tried the screenshot, and after uploading I get an error but that could be due to my connection. Anyway I'm going to upload the error report to x-fire.

Odd: I looked through the error report, and is not showing an error code of any kind which would help with determining the problem.

So, the screenshot itself does work while playing the game if that is what you were more interested in. :)

I'll post future info on the x-fire forum area.

Cheers..
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekka
Reactions:

Post by Rekka »

The upload doesn't work because the game isn't supported yet so for the moment, you can't upload them. ;) And yes, I am more interested if the screenshots work in game. :P If it works for you, that's good news. :D
Last edited by Rekka on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

Amish John,

Yes you can broadcast live single or multi-player games if you want. Other Xfire members have the ability to look on as you play. I have done this and have often received IM's with questions about the game I was playing etc.

Regards,

Gibson
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Amish John,

Yes you can broadcast live single or multi-player games if you want. Other Xfire members have the ability to look on as you play. I have done this and have often received IM's with questions about the game I was playing etc.

Regards,

Gibson
I think this would be the best feature of having SOWG on Xfire. There could probably be a link right on the SOWG home page so you could quickly look in on games in progress.
Last edited by Amish John on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_help/

See the link above for a list of features that Xfire offers. The nice part of it is, its all free.

Regards,

Gibson
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

Anyone willing to try out transmitting video? I'll have a game with you while to transmit the signal.

I'll have a chat room ready in fire fox called sowgb just in case you are willing to give it a try.

You will have to host the game of course.

Later!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

A community has been created on x-fire to promote the game. The community is sowgb.

Up to you now to promote the game.

Link to x-fire community: http://www.xfire.com/communities/sowgb/

later!
Rekka
Reactions:

Post by Rekka »

Since the demo is the locked full game, I manage to get another member of the XFGM team to test and endorse my code. So far so good, but I need other people to test it and post feedback on the appropriate thread on Xfire forums. FLGibsonJr since you already have an Xfire account could you test it and post feedback please? :)
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

I can do that, but I just ordered the game last week. I expect it in the mail early next week.

Regards,

Gibson
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

Rekka,

I received the game in the mail today and added your code to my Xfire ini file. I will log my issues as I go. So far they are as follows:

- When you activate Xfire in game, and then after going back to the game, at that point you can no longer move the camera forward or backward or sideways, also cannot use the mouse wheel to change camera elevation.
- Xfire in game FPS monitor in upper left corner blocks SoW information, needs to be moved.
- Xfire FPS monitor seems to indicate low FPS (below 20), not sure if this is caused by Xfire or if this is normal.

As I mentioned I will post as I notice any additional issues. Also should see if anyone else experiences these same issues. My computer specs are listed in my Xfire profile.

Regards,

Gibson
Last edited by FLGibsonJr on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.