SOWGB 1.2 Beta Patch

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: SOWGB 1.2 Beta Patch

Post by cliometrician »

Thanks for the help Davinci, but it did not work. I did exactly as you said, but no keys work.

Sigh, I'm deleting the Beta Patch and waiting for the full expansion, where hopefully I'll not have to change any files in order to play.

But I was able to see the new Gettysburg map....at least I could scroll around on the tactical view. It looks great!
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks for the help Davinci, but it did not work. I did exactly as you said, but no keys work.

Sigh, I'm deleting the Beta Patch and waiting for the full expansion, where hopefully I'll not have to change any files in order to play.

But I was able to see the new Gettysburg map....at least I could scroll around on the tactical view. It looks great!
Don't delete the patch, you can do this. :)

Just download the attached keyboard.csv and put it in your game directory/Work folder.
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

No Keys Worked?

The keys did work before the patch, correct?

The Forum used to have an Option that would allow for a file to be attached, but this no longer seems to be the case. Other-wise I would put the amended file here.

Can you post a picture of your Work – folder?

Also – when you made the last changes, did the file over-write the previous keyboard.csv file, or did it go directly into the Work folder.

Check to make sure that the file is not listed like the examples below, both are in-correct!

Keyboard.txt
Keyboard.csv.csv

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

I just downloaded the attachment that Little Powell posted, into my Work folder. No change, still no keys work.

Davinci--When I placed the keyboard.csv file into my Work folder it overwrote the file that was already there.

A friend of mine simply downloaded the patch, did nothing else, and his worked fine. :S
Last edited by cliometrician on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I just downloaded the attachment that Little Powell posted, into my Work folder. No change, still no keys work.

Davinci--When I placed the keyboard.csv file into my Work folder it overwrote the file that was already there.

A friend of mine simply downloaded the patch, did nothing else, and his worked fine. :S
Something else is going on then. If it is overwriting the keyboard.csv, I can't really see how it wouldn't work unless something is going on with your keyboard... Are you just installing the game for the first time? Did the keyboard work before? Do any keys work in game? Hitting the M key should bring up the map, hitting the T key should toggle tree/crop level.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

I installed the game when it first came out....I've played countless games with no problem with the keys or commands. With the Beta Patch I have not tried the M or T keys. The N key does nothing, nor do any of the command keys, nor even the arrow key to exit the game......I have to control/alt/delete to get out.

I can scroll and I can move individual regiments, but the division and brigade commanders do not respond to any command.

I deleted the patch, went back to the game itself, and everything worked fine just as it always has. Bizarre!
Last edited by cliometrician on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

What's your OS? Did you install the game in the 'Program Files' folder?
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

No, it's in the NorbSoftDev folder.

Like I said, I have played SOW with no problems since it first went on sale. The only problems I have ever had are with this Beta Patch---not other patch or mod ever gave me trouble.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Do You have any Mods installed? Most of the Mods will have to be tweeked to get them to run with the new patch.
Move Forward
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Have you changed the ratio by any chance? The ratio looks different.

Everything works fine for me so far. The New orders map key works for me, but I can't seem to do anything with it. Could you explain to me in detail what I have to do to get it work please? Outside of pressing "N" to get it to pop up, what else can I do with it?
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.