Col William Robinson

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
con20or
Reactions:

Col William Robinson

Post by con20or »

Strange thing just happened in a scenario. Greenes alone. I was playing away, made about three save games, then phone rang, cant remember if i minimised it too. All of a sudden I cant control my troops, or see fatigue, morale etc. Than when i hit 'go to me' and realise ive become Col William Robinson, 19th Indiana, Iron Brigade.

Pretty cool to be a regiment commander, but i was doing well for once in Greens alone! I have the save games still if they're any help. It has effected all of them, even after a restart (of the game, not the pc).
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Col William Robinson

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

That sort of thing happens to me if I start a game, save it, change something in options or mods and then pick up the scenario where I left off without shutting the game off and restarting. If I restart the game and then load the save, everything works fine.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

That has happened to me 2-3 times in the last week. Towards the end of a SP game, I'll swan about to check how the brigades or the other divisions on my side are doing and BAM! Suddenly I can't control any of what used to be my troops. Really wierd. Unlike con20or, I don't change positions, I just can't control my troops. Very strange. Kind of glad I'm not alone in this. Any ideas here?

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

It definitely sounds like a bug. I'll report it, but if you have a save game that reproduces it, zip it up and send to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

would be nice to have the option of just being a regiment commander:woohoo: :)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Have run two more games since last wednesday. One did it, one did not. It appears the glitch only runs when I use a recently modded OOB. Next time it happens I will save it and send it in.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

posted the saved games.
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

This has happened to me twice in the past week. Once in Armistead, I switched to one of my TC'd regiments and when I switched back to me, I had no control over it, or over any of my other units. I restarted and it played OK since then. Just tonight it happened twice in Sedgwick, both times right after the start of the game. Even closing down and restarting hasn't helped.

BillF
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have been able to reproduce one of the saved games that con20or sent in. I don't have control of Green when it loads, and control has been transferred to the 19th Indiana.. Were on this one and I'll let you know as soon as we find something out.

BillF - Next time you see it happen, please see if you are able to reproduce it with a save game.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillF
Reactions:

Post by BillF »

The Sedgwick scenario finally worked on the third try. During the first half of the game, though, I was getting Confederate courier messages as though they were being sent directly to me. I've had captured courier messages before and they were always identified as such, but these had no such indications.

A question on this scenario: where are Wheaton's 2 hidden brigades, and why are they hidden? They would sure come in handy.

Didn't beat it this time, but when I do I'll have won the game. Don't think I'll try the Grog level!

BillF