Re: Questions/Suggestions

Post by Baldwin »

The question is do we pick our teammate or will it be random? :huh:
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The question is do we pick our teammate or will it be random? :huh:
Good question. I'd say you can pick your teammate if you like. And if there are players that don't care, I can randomize it.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Well hey it looks like I knew better than I said. I'm all for implementing the second bracket for the first tournament. That means more games for everyone, which is hardly a bad thing, right?

Edit: Already done, I just hadn't read that far yet. Good on ya.
Last edited by SouthernSteel on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Well hey it looks like I knew better than I said. I'm all for implementing the second bracket for the first tournament. That means more games for everyone, which is hardly a bad thing, right?

Edit: Already done, I just hadn't read that far yet. Good on ya.
Yessir, the consolation bracket was a great suggestion from Kerflumoxed. :)

So our tournament is now Double Elimination. 1st place goes to the undefeated champ, second place goes to the player that he beat during the championship round, 3rd place goes to the winner of the consolation bracket.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I would request that players would have a week to complete the games, rather than the set time on Friday. From the time the brackets are up, the players would schedule the game between themselves. If the game is not completed by Friday then a time on Friday will be set.

I'm not going to play on Friday night, but I would play a game some time during the week. With this rule, if I joined a tourney and my opponent new this and refused to schedule a game with me during the week and waited until Friday, knowing I wasn't going to show and therefor wins by default, then so be it.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I would request that players would have a week to complete the games, rather than the set time on Friday. From the time the brackets are up, the players would schedule the game between themselves. If the game is not completed by Friday then a time on Friday will be set.

I'm not going to play on Friday night, but I would play a game some time during the week. With this rule, if I joined a tourney and my opponent new this and refused to schedule a game with me during the week and waited until Friday, knowing I wasn't going to show and therefor wins by default, then so be it.

Karma is gone. Someone was having fun knocking my karma and now their fun has been stopped. I see this is a mistake. I'd rather have some guy knock my karma than kicking the cat and beating his wife.
Well the Friday game time has pretty much turned into a suggested time anyway. As you can see in the individual tournament topics, as long as the game is finished by the end of the week, players can play the game anytime they like. Thanks NY Cav.