Courier Battle: Action At Trostle Farm

BOSTON
Reactions:

Re: Courier Battle: Action At Trostle Farm

Post by BOSTON »

MTG

I like your idea of the point- "Go Here" concept. It would save on scrolling through the locations index.

BOSTON :)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Again, thanks for the kind words, NY Cavalry.

Boston wrote:
I like your idea of the point- "Go Here" concept. It would save on scrolling through the locations index.
It's on the list for the feature patch. Whether it is included or not will depend on how difficult it is for Norb to implement. An alternative is to add the ability to write orders such as "Go to a position 400 yds. SE of the Trostle Farm." That would be nearly as good, but would require putting a scale on all the maps.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Post by charlesonmission »

Thanks for the AAR. I need a little more help. I've been trying to use the courier method in McPherson’s ridge. When I tell the Captain of 3 cannons to go somewhere, only the captain goes, and the cannons stay. I tried the division tutorial and noticed the same, but also with a colonel as well. How can I get the captain’s and colonel's units to go with them?

Is it also not necessary to tell the artillery to limber/unlimber?

Thanks,

Charles
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

charlesonmission wrote:
I've been trying to use the courier method in McPherson’s ridge. When I tell the Captain of 3 cannons to go somewhere, only the captain goes, and the cannons stay
This problem is due to the fact that the stock courier commands have inconsistencies. Some will only affect the commander and some the commander and his units. There is no way of telling which is which unfortunately. I made a mod named Courier & Mini-maps which fixes those problems. But mods cannot be used when playing the stock scenarios or tutorials. So it will only work when playing in sandbox mode, or player created scenarios.

Specifically, what orders did you give Garber in the division tutorial? I just tried:
1. No orders (necessary since they are unlimbering and preparing to fire)
2. Move your unit 300 yards east
3. Face south.
All as one order. Garber and his battery responded and moved correctly.
They will do that on their own. You don't need to tell them to do it.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Thanks for the AAR. I need a little more help. I've been trying to use the courier method in McPherson’s ridge. When I tell the Captain of 3 cannons to go somewhere, only the captain goes, and the cannons stay. I tried the division tutorial and noticed the same, but also with a colonel as well. How can I get the captain’s and colonel's units to go with them?

Thanks,

Charles
i have been having this problem for months - with almost all of the batteries in this scenario. The one at the building closest to your starting point will even change himself from the 'no orders' command you give him back to 'hold to the last' - although i only saw that happen once and may have been mistaken.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Post by charlesonmission »

Con,

I switched to the MTG courier mod and it solved the problem (except nothing works for me in the Jackson what if scenario) as I think you aware.

Charles
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

thanks, i'll check it out. Do yo have a link?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

The 1st post has the download link.
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... Itemid=124
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

this has been out a year!?!

jimminy jillickers.