....Yet Even More October Screenshots

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
EarlofWarwick
Reactions:

Re:....Yet Even More October Screenshots

Post by EarlofWarwick »

Outstanding news, Bedbug. Thanks for the reply. By the way, are any of those buildings going to be occupy-able? The fact that some are burning/smoking might suggest that they were targets. Or is that just collateral damage?
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

Phew. Finally a Norb/Jim question. :laugh:
EarlofWarwick
Reactions:

Post by EarlofWarwick »

Darn! I thought I might weasel something out of 'ya. :lol: I'll stay posted to see what develops on this one.;)
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I have never taken a good look at the screenies.

And wait for it...

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!! MUST GET GAME OUT. MUST PLAY. WILL KILL TO PLAY. MUST PLAY. THIS IS AMAZING!

Where is the option of 1:1 sprite ratings, and what about different flags?

Love the toolbar, as you can see.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

EarlofWarwick wrote:
Outstanding news, Bedbug. Thanks for the reply. By the way, are any of those buildings going to be occupy-able? The fact that some are burning/smoking might suggest that they were targets. Or is that just collateral damage?
No, buildings will not be inhabitable for this release. That is just collateral damage.

Norb
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

I love these screen shots. I can't wait for the game. Will there be a button for the reg/brig commanders to order troops to find the best available cover. IE if I'm along a sunken road or a fence line or wood line, will I have to position each of the units to get the terrain bonus or can I just click a button and the troops align along a fence/depression/rock?

Greg
Last edited by Gfran64 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Gfran64 wrote:
I love these screen shots. I can't wait for the game. Will there be a button for the reg/brig commanders to order troops to find the best available cover. IE if I'm along a sunken road or a fence line or wood line, will I have to position each of the units to get the terrain bonus or can I just click a button and the troops align along a fence/depression/rock?

Greg
Excellent idea!!
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Goes along with my idea about typing in orders and having your troops follow them, if they are smart enough to...
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Gfran64 wrote:

Greg
Good idea. At some point after the release we'll have an ideas thread. You'll have to put this one in there. We do have one for arty to find the good ground I think, but this is good too.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

You mean these ideas will only come out in the second game!
Hancock the Superb