DEV Diary - First Net MP Test

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
DrMike1997
Reactions:

Re:DEV Diary - First Net MP Test

Post by DrMike1997 »

Doh! didn't see page two when I wrote this reply.:blink: I think he means that the game can be set up so that you can have two people playing on the same side against the computer ai. This would be good to have for building teams. YOu can practice against the computer to get a feel for how your teammate and you work together and then go beat up on other human teams. You know when we start having tournaments and stuff:woohoo:
Last edited by DrMike1997 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnD
Reactions:

Post by JohnD »

DrMike1997 wrote:
...he means that the game can be set up so that you can have two people playing on the same side against the computer ai. This would be good to have for building teams. YOu can practice against the computer to get a feel for how your teammate and you work together and then go beat up on other human teams. You know when we start having tournaments and stuff:woohoo:
If that's what it means, then likes it alot. It needs a better name than co-op...which is always a cool place to git fresh vej-ables...
John
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

But it's not just two players on the same side against the AI. Isn't it also one player against another player? Or teams against teams?
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
JohnD
Reactions:

Post by JohnD »

You are correct. I know what multiplayer is and what War3D II needs to do and can do. Co-op is not my term so I will not refer to it again.
Last edited by JohnD on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Man, simple things seem to get too complicated. Coop just means playing on the same side, as in cooperation.

It is my intention to allow more than 2 players to play multiplayer. Right now I only have two, but have made sure that I am not restricted in my development. It is my intention to allow whatever players join to play on whatever sides they want.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

When in MP, any plans to be able to type a message for another player and have it delivered, with a suitable delay (or chance of never getting the message)?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

What's with these underscore lines breaking up some of the words?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I have no idea why the words get broken up. It must be something on the forum to prevent spamming or something like that.

I do have plans for messaging, nuf said.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Make the message GUI interface... not a free type

In other words menu driven on the sender side,
On the receiving side , message appears historical

FYI snail-mail should be there by now...
Last edited by MarkT on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correct
Mark S. Tewes
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Mark,

You mean when the player receives the message and opens it, it appears visually like it's on, say lined paper in a suitable period type font..something like Texas hero font?

John