Activation Problem out of the blue

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Activation Problem out of the blue

Post by cliometrician »

This sounds similar to the problem recently posted by "cleaburn."

I bought the game when it first came out and have played it regularly since then. I was downloading some scenarios from the Bugles mod into folders. When I went to play the game I was given the message: The current activation is active. Deactivate.....etc. It then loaded the game and I clicked on the deactivation icon and entered my code.

Same message, over and over. I then uninstalled the game, discarded all SOW folders and installed again and typed in my activation code. Same message, telling me that my code is still active and that I must deactivate.

But nothing working so far. I have made no other changes to my computer, virus software, or anything....only placing mods in my folders.

Please help!
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: Activation Problem out of the blue

Post by cliometrician »

On the Check Activation page I have the following:
Allowable activations: 1
Remaining activations: 0
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

And yes, I turned off my anti-virus and firewall when attempting activation. Still says:
code currently active.
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

do you have MSN antiviruse? I just went threw the same thing. you need to send your activation number to sowsupport@scourgeofwar.com, and request to deactivate so you can reactivate your game also make sure you are installing 1.1 version of game from the scourge of war site!
ADukes
Reactions:

Re:Activation Problem out of the blue

Post by ADukes »

Don't forget to attach your activate.log file.
I was downloading some scenarios from the Bugles mod into folders.
It doesn't make sense that you lost the activation just because of installing a mod.
I then uninstalled the game, discarded all SOW folders
In case of an activation error do not delete the remaining game folders after you uninstall the game, otherwise it's impossible to save your activation.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Where do I find the activate log file?

And I've emailed my activation code to SOW.

I have Norton anti-virus----never been a problem before. But I still turned it off when trying to activate. Still no luck.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

In the Work subfolder of SOWGB.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

When I uninstalled, I deleted all my folders. Waiting to hear from SOW support.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

But you did install and run the game again, so there is a log file in the folder.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

The activation now works! SOW support came though....thanks, guys!!