If you cannot host....

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Rich Mac
Reactions:

If you cannot host....

Post by Rich Mac »

If you cannot host, try this...

On the first option page at the bottom right hand corner, check the "Map Port" button.

I believe this button was added after the last patch and the default setting has it unchecked. I was unable to host and when I checked the button, my problems magically disappeared. I know it is extremely simple and I wonder if there aren't more guys out there that this will help. There were quite a few guys in the lobby tonight that didn't even know that button was there.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:If you cannot host....

Post by Little Powell »

Rich Mac wrote:
If you cannot host, try this...

On the first option page at the bottom right hand corner, check the "Map Port" button.

I believe this button was added after the last patch and the default setting has it unchecked. I was unable to host and when I checked the button, my problems magically disappeared. I know it is extremely simple and I wonder if there aren't more guys out there that this will help. There were quite a few guys in the lobby tonight that didn't even know that button was there.
Thanks for posting this Rich Mac. We listed this in the changes in patch 3, but it wasn't widely publicized and you had to read the whole list to find it.
Rich Mac
Reactions:

Post by Rich Mac »

Yeah, I was desperate and in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. While doing that, I had to update the new install with the latest patch. That's when I looked at the patch readme and noticed this change. Honestly, I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before, it's a little embarassing :blush:
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

I don't think in my case will work; my nat is not at router level but a provider level.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

mitra76 wrote:
I don't think in my case will work; my nat is not at router level but a provider level.
Doesn't work for me either as my router does not support the option to force the port open.

But I am able to manually map the port just fine.